cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS how to change the accounting technique of consolidation unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, expert,

We have a C/I method with accounting technique 'equity method', but when we assign the method to consolidation unit, the value of 'accounting technique' of consolidation unit is 3 (mutul stock method ), not 2 (equity method).

How to crrect this.

I really appreciate your input on this matter

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally, when you select an accounting technique in a COI method, the system expects that you assign the same one in the "accounting technique" column of the accounting techniques customizing (UCWB > Master Data > Consolidation units). If it is not the case, it should give you a warning message saying that "the method determined the accounting technique". In your case, where you have a discrepency btw both values, did you try to change manually the value in the accounting technique column (in the master data) and save ? There is a drop box that allows you to force the value manually. It should save your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, collect

The accounting technqiue of method is 'equity method'.

I assigned the method to consolidation unit, the accounting technique of consolidation unit is 3 default.

When i change the accoutning technique of consolidation unit to '2' manully, this system issue a message UCMR004(The method determined the accounting technique), then change the value 2 to 3 automatically.

I don't know how it hanppens.

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume that you are in a Dev System ?

If it is not the case, re-transport the accounting techniques from Dev to your target system.

Did you also try to switch in the COI method to "Purchase", and see what happens in the accounting technique ? Then revert back to Equity method. Or simply unassign the method in the accounting method and try to force the value 2 first...

There must be an inconsistency in the SEM-BCS tables, or something not correctly saved. These kinds of dummy changes can solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Collet

Yes, I am in Dev system.

I change accounting techniaue to 'Purchase', then the accounting technique of consolidation unit can be modified to '1(Purchase method)';

But when I change to 'Equity' , I only use 3 (mutul method) in consolidation unit.

I am sure the method is 'Equity method'.

May be there are some other reasons can affect the accounting technique of consolidation unit ?

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be that the technique is inherited from the parent. In this case the inheritance must be removed or changed.

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if Dan's suggestion is right, you should see in the accounting tehniques custo a black "arrow" icon showing the inheritance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dan and Collet

In my compandy hierarchy, each consolidation unit with the method is 3, not 2. include inheritance and not inheritance.

When I double click one of consolidation unit. a maintain window display, I change accounting technique in this window, the syste issue another message UGMD016 ('The value 2 is invalid for characteristic METHOD'

Characteristic METHOD has no master record with the value 2.

(The non-existing value was stored as an attribute for characteristic and value .)

).

This mean that the method is incorrect?

But the accounting technqiue of the method is '2 equity method';

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the COI custo > system utilization, did you select Mutual Stock method ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Collet,

I check the system utilization: mutul stock method is not selected.

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So as Dan mentioned, there might be an inheritance problem.

Please identify the top parent company which has the mutual stock method assigned, and try to change this value manually to 2 in the accounting techniques. This should correct the value for all companies below (inheritance principle)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Collet,

The parent company is same as the child company.

When I change the accounting technique for parent company, I can't change accounting technique from 3 to 2(equity method).

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And is there any inheritance as suggested in our previous posts ?

Did you also select the proper "view" when displaying the accounting techniques ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set the accounting technique of consoldation group to '', so the consoldation unit cannot inherit.

Then I change the consolidation unit, but the accounting technique is still 3(mutul stock method).

When I change the accounting technique of consolidation method to 1(or), the consoldiation unit change according to the cosolidation unit settings.

Only 2 (equity method), the consodaiton unit change to 3 automatically.

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write a message to SAP Support, there might be a bug...

Keep us informed of the solution

Answers (0)