Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Backup and restore.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

We have restored the BO server backup on other server.Backup is restored but server names have been changed to previous server name in all places.even we clicked on the CMC or infoview url then it is pointing to previous server.We have changed server names in web.xml file but still CMC and infoview pointing to previous server.

We are still facing problem in testing BOE after restoration. Here are 2 related notes for BOE changes to host name or Cluster name.

1218472 - How to change the default CMS name on the logon page for the InfoView or CMC

1406297 - How CMS cluster works when several servers are part of the cluster on Windows platform using Tomcat?

I have made changes to host name on the below path. But still Logon URL is pointing to previous server.

E:\BOEnterprise\BusinessObjects\Tomcat55\webapps\CmcApp\WEB-INF\web.xml

E:\BOEnterprise\BusinessObjects\Tomcat55\webapps\CrystalReports\WEB-INF\web.xml

E:\BOEnterprise\BusinessObjects\Tomcat55\webapps\InfoViewApp\WEB-INF\web.xml

E:\BOEnterprise\BusinessObjects\Tomcat55\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xml

E:\BOEnterprise\BusinessObjects\Tomcat55\webApps\PerformanceManagement\WEB-INF --> Replace the correct path

Please guide us how to resolve this issue or any guide how to restore backup.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

i would recommend you re- deploy all Web Applications using wdeploy. The hostname of the old server gets "hardcoded" in a lot of paths....not only the .xml files.

check SAP Note - 1287464. I recommend re- deploying all webapps.

Regards

-Seb.