Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 Profile for putting limit in time update

former_member1318835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I was asked for a requirement in CAT2 which said "User can only update time data in CAT2 for last two weeks from current date beyond that they should not be allowed to update " to accomplish this do i need to ask abper to write code or i can achive this by SPRO setting.

Regards

Subrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need a program change to accomplish this requirement. While customizing your data entry profile in transaction CAC1 there is an option under time settings tab for controlling this. Lower limit abd upper limit relative. If you have chosen the period type as weekly by entering 1 in the lower and upper limit allow the user to scroll back and forward one week from the current week.

Hope this will solve your requirement.

Regards

Raviiiiiiiiii

former_member1318835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

thanks for you Prompt response, can you please be more specifica and tel which option i have to check under time setting tab

Regards

Subrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subrat,

In CAC1 T.code select your data entry profile under time settings you can see two options i.e. Lower limit relative and Upper limit relative there you can specify number. As per your requirement you have to maintain 2 in both the places. So that employee cannot go back not more then 2 weeks.

But you have some limitation here-

In CAT2 initial screen if employee select one month back data and click on time sheet entry then system will allow to book time sheet. So to aviod that situation you have to implement some user exit.

Logic for user exit should be like this -

Select employee payroll area and check the current payroll period, if the time sheet entry date is older then two weeks of control record date then through error else proceed. Better you to discuss with developer for best results.

Edited by: Rajesh Jogiparthi on May 24, 2011 2:01 PM

former_member1318835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your prompt and clear reply it is really vry helpfull for me. I have just one doubt and that for user exit do we need to create ABAP code.

thanks

Subrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For adding the validations in the user exit, you may need help from an ABAPER. The following are the available user exits for CATS.

CATS0001 CATS: Set up worklist

CATS0002 CATS: Supplement recorded data

CATS0003 CATS: Validate recorded data

CATS0004 CATS: Deactivate functions in the user interface

CATS0005 CATS: Customer field enhancements

CATS0006 CATS: Validate entire time sheet

CATS0007 CATS: Subscreen on initial screen

CATS0008 CATS: Determine workflow recipients for approval

CATS0009 CATS: Customer-Specific Text Fields in Data Entry Section

CATS0010 CATS: Customer-Specific Text Fields in Worklist

CATS0011 CATS: Customer functions

CATS0012 CATS: Subscreen on data entry screen

Regards

Raviiiiiiiiii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have do it in ABAP Code only. Please check the reply from Ravishankar. If you have any doubts you need to check with your ABAPer.

former_member1318835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

thanks for your reply. Now I am on solution and therefore closing the thread.

Regards

Subrat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the profile set up, time settings can be done to restrict the requirement. Give the period and the Lower limit and upper limit and the relative date which restricts as per the data given.

R K