cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recognition of COS/COGS Account if the process is A/P Reserve Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i am trying to post an A/R Reserve Invoice of non-inventoriable item because it's Advance payment to Supplier scenario. would you know on what transaction can i create to recognize the COS/COGS Account of it? i believe if my process is :

1. PO

2. A/P Invoice

3. Outgoing Payment

under A/P Invoice transaction i'll be able to select the COS/COGS Account of it under G/L Account field but in A/P Reserve Invoice, it's not working.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is system functionality because whenever you make Reserve invoice the JE passed only

1.Downpayment Receive Account And Party Account

2.Party Account And Bank Account .

So we are not able to Active this filed on that document.

And On A/P invoice there are number of GL affected Like

Non- Inventory(Default Expeces0 Item Account ,Tax Account,Party Account and this account we can change on invoice.

So you should explain system functionality to your client

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me correct the process i posted:

1. PO

2. A/P Reserve Invoice

3. Outgoing Payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why are you make again Outgoing Payment document because whenever user make downpayment invoice then this entries auto updated.

After select Payment means option in A/P Downpayment invoice.

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

because my client should process the whole payment first before the Supplier will deliver the ordered items.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am agree friend but why outgoing payment again.

Thanks

Manvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A/P Reserve Invoice is not a formal invoice. You still need a regular invoice to get all necessary JE.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

because the Invoice transaction and payment transaction are done by different staff 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the COGS value process when you record a goods receipt against the Reserve Invoice? That would be the usual process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i selected a COGS Account on the Expense Account Field under Item Group.. since my G/L Method is ' Item Group'

Answers (0)