cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw line in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on lable printiing smartforms and in which use table . I want to know how to draw lines within cell of table

when I use..........

TEMPLATE --> OUTPUT OPTION --> FRAME --> SELECT LINES WITH.........

then showing error "Boxes/Shadings are not allowed within a table".

Now my SF output is showing in below Layout:

material no. : 456

PO no. : 12001

material Doc. No. : 45645

QTY : 12

But i want this type layout:

-

material no. : 456

-

PO no. : 12001

-

material Doc. No. : 451

-

QTY : 12

-

Plz guide me...........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabhmca2006 ,

are you displaying data in the table or template?

if table than in you have line types right ,select draw lines and colums button and for each and every column than you will get lines like what you expected

or go to select pattern than you will get so many options you can select from there also.

Thanks

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

i am using table in lable printing smartform. i did also used pattern.

i am using table --> row --> cell 1 and cell 2

cell 1 use for display data in Left side and cell 2 for right within one page.

suppose 1*1 ( row * colunm ) table .

I want line with in cell of table.

and i don't know about create line type............

guide me............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If you are using table, each line in a table is associated with a line type. Line type is nothing but how would you like the row of the table to look like.

FOr reg: row 1 is the header and you want just 3 columns in it.Then you define a line type having 3 columns for it.

But now you want 10 columns at item level,then you define another line type for your items, having 10 columns.

LIne types are defined for TABLES> ANd for each line type you can select a different grid pattern if required, just by clicking on the grids icon ,in tables.

Now your requirment is to display text left and right aligned, this can be dealt by using different character formats itself,one right aligned and other left aligned.

But it looks like you are using a TEMPLATE and not TABLE, coz templates you define data cell wise, as you mentioned.

FOr templates,and tables you follow same steps to assign grids. If you on the template, you can see its description on right side.

output options and conditions.

If you will click on table details, you will be taken to next window.In taht by default a linetype exists under "NAME". This is the same thing which appears on teh first screen as a single row.

so click on table painter, to go back to previous screen. here select line type say it is %C1.If you see the tabstrip, just below the tabs - template/output options headings.. you can see icons like we havve in excel.

Select 1st icon which says, "Select pattern". in that you can select the type of grid you want.

hope its solves your problem.

Edited by: sap_wiz on May 24, 2011 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Template -

> Select pattern -

> Display framed patterns in which u can get the box with lines horizontal and vertical.

If u do not need any vertical line or horizontal line u can select the particular cell(using draw lines and colums button u will get 4 arrows) and go for suppressing or adding a frame left/right/top/bottom.

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi T