cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system administrator Passowrd Error:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to install ERP 2005 IDES ECC 6.0 on a stand alone system, after setting the master password i was prompted to set up a password for the account 'host\<sid>adm . I put in the administrator password for my OS(server 2003) but i keep on getting error message that I put in the wrong value.

please what is the rule for setting the password for this account as well as the SAP system user account.

Thanks.

Bryne

NB: I didnt set sa password for the OS on installation, i set it later on.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on Markus comment and since I have cancelled few installation attempts; I cleaned my registry and sainst directory and the problem was resolved. Am no longer being prompted to set the passwords.

Thanks

former_member187977
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Bryne,

I am also facing the same error. How did you clean Registry and SAINST directory. where are these located ?

thanks

ros

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there is no previous account on the system.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am trying to install ERP 2005 IDES ECC 6.0 on a stand alone system, after setting the master password i was prompted to set up a password for the account 'host\<sid>adm . I put in the administrator password for my OS(server 2003) but i keep on getting error message that I put in the wrong value.

>

> please what is the rule for setting the password for this account as well as the SAP system user account.

So is there already an account <sid>adm? Usually this is created by the installation itself - and hence I wonder why sapinst tries to verify a password for a user who's not yet created...

Markus