Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving of Goods among Branches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario like,

My Customer is having 5 Branches and they are transferring goods from one branch to other branch .

They have sent the goods to branch1 on today (24/5/2011) and the goods will be reaching the branch1 only after 3 days say 27/05/2011.Some time the Goods may not be reached the branch in time and some goods will be damaged also.

So how to keep track of these in B1.

The Customer Needs an alert if they shipment has not received in 3 days.

I have thought of 2 Solutions.

I have thought of creating a Transit Warehouse and move the goods to transit warehouse just after the GRPO/Inventory Transfer has been made but at the same time branch2 and branch3 has also ordered the same items and same quantity so whn i moved to the transit wareshouse how can i keep track of the goods for each branches.

2.Now i have created 3 UDF's at header level of the document(Say Inventory Transfer/GRPO)

ShipMentDate,

Received Date,

Shipment STatus(Yes/No).

If the Status in No After 2 days then the System has to generate an alert to cancel the transaction.

Guys suggest me any reliable solution for this to track the goods among branches.

Regards,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check here:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,Deepak,

Thanks for the Link and its very useful to track the goods and hence found the expected result .

Closd..

Edited by: Parimis on Jun 14, 2011 10:19 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

SAP Business One 9.3 has an alternative for transfering goods among branches.

Procedure:

1. Raise a Goods Issue document to transfer some inventory. From the Main Menu, choose Inventory → Inventory Transactions → Goods Issue.

2. Once the Goods Issue document has been added to the system, a Copy To option will be available from the Goods Issue.

3. By using this Copy To function you can raise a Goods Receipt document to receive the inventory into the other warehouse, and so branch.

Note Alternatively, once the Goods Issue document has been added, a Copy From option will be available in a Goods Receipt to take the details from the Goods Issue. From the Main Menu, choose Inventory → Inventory Transactions → Goods Receipt → Copy From. Then choose the correct Goods Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also improve your process by adding new UDFs(Actual And Received in Row level) for stock tracking means how many quantity send one branch and how many receive at another end.

By using this you can report for stock.

if you want then then you also apply Approval procedure at the time of inventory transfer.

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make transit whse branch wise..

By this you can use system standard report (If you want).

Thanks

Deepak Tyagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parimis,

Your solution is on right track,

do one thing also, create two UDF's on Inveentory Transfer

1. From Branch

2. To Branch

an use these udf's when transfering to Transit warehouse and you can keep track on movement of stock to branches.

Regards

Manoj S