cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Service Session at Solution Manager => Product System missing

steven_foo
Participant
0 Kudos

We have installed SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 last year but not really use it.

We have setup in the system landscape:

Server (ecc6sbx)

Databases (MCD)

Product System (MCD) => SAP ERP

Assigned them to logical component (eg ZECC6DEV)

RFC destination for MCD was generated

SDCCN Administration at solutions manager display MCD with SDCCN status in green color.

At the satellite system MCD, SDCCN Maintenance job was created and scheduled. Initial single run was also done.

There were no issue. Connection to SDCC_OSS was fine.

Back to the SOLUTION_MANAGER transaction, we created a new solution ECC ERP - Development.

In the Solution Landscape => Solution Settings, we have assigned the Logical Component into the System Group.

However when we expand the tree, and click on the Servers folder it did not display anything.

Click on the Product Systems also did not display anything.

We have another Solution Manager which display information on those Servers and Product Systems folder for satellite system.

Going back to the Solution Manager for the Solution ECC ERP - Development, I tried to Create New Service Session for EarlyWatch Alert. When I click on the Create button, I could only see SAP EarlyWatch Alert for Solutions, there is no SAP EarlyWatch Alert for the Reference Object MCD (<installation number). I could not create a session for MCD.

Does anyone have ideas what I am missing here? I am trying to attached a document which have print screen for reference while creating this message, but there is no such function here.

Adding to link to the document file contain print screen

[Wihtout System and EarlyWatch Selectable.doc|http://www.easy-share.com/1915633524/Wihtout System and EarlyWatch Selectable.doc]

[With System and EarlyWatch.doc|http://www.easy-share.com/1915633514/With System and EarlyWatch.doc]

Edited by: Steven Foo on May 24, 2011 8:00 AM

Edited by: Steven Foo on May 24, 2011 8:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the solution manager when you refresh the service definitions you must use the destination SDCC_OSS.

When you refresh session you must use destination NONE or any destination pointing to the solution manager itself.

Check note 727998 to know how to refresh the service definitions.

To maintain the correct 'master' RFCs go in SMSY -> goto -> Environment -> Administration SDCCN.

Here you can define the correct master destination for each system.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has the question answered? or still open?

As per your last posting, it seems stil some configuration missing.

Could you please go SDCCN of the solution manager system ->Goto->settings->task specific -> RFC destination > display.

chk what is the destination against the Master tag activation, it should be NONE .The RFC NONE is a connection to itself

Check in sm59 the destination should be existed in Solman system .SM_<SID>CLNT<nr>_BACK can be created for all the other satellite system

Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Please check if the role of the system in the logical component is the same role of the solution in transaction SOLMAN_DIRECTORY.

If they are in different roles you may have to add the system manually to the solution by selecting it in the solman_directory and pressing the button "insert into solution"(check for the buttons above the list of systems).

Regards,

Daniel.

steven_foo
Participant
0 Kudos

I go to the logical component screen (under SMSY), however I did not see any system role information on the screen.

I go to the solman_directory and tried to add the system manually, however there is not button "insert into solution".

There are buttons like Logical component, System Roles, Product System, Logical Component, Complete System Data Replication, Related Log. Comp.

I tried to click on the Product System nothing happens. I found the trick is that you need to click on the SID:<client#> and then click Product System. I haven't read this is documented properly at SAP side.

Thanks again. I will give you points.

steven_foo
Participant
0 Kudos

Anyway, in the solution manger how to we setup earlywatch alert for the SM SID host itself (source system)?

I have the information on the below from our solution manger

The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated satellite system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

I tried to go SDCCN on the solution manager itself and look at the Maintenance Service Definitions:

I get the information:

No suitable RFC Destination found in SDCCN settings.

When I click ok I get the following

No RFC destionation to source system of service definitions available

Delete Service Definitions (radio button selected).

I did not continue and cancel it as I did not want to delete anything.

I check the Task Processor background job is running at SM host itself.

I managed to get the Maintenance Package job running. However it failed with the following

Error refreshing service definitions from destination SM_SSMCLNT001_BACK

Source and target system may not be identical SSM

The source and target system is the same ==> SSM, will this be an issue?