cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overflow of text in a Non-main window in sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

The requirement is that I have to print a text in a non-main window and if the text doesnot fit in the window, I have to fire a new page and print the remaining matter.

So I wanted to know how to handle this type of situation in sapscript only.

Kindly help me in finding the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have maximum of 99 main windows in one page of SAP script. The text in main window can extend over several pages. If the text fills one page, output continues in the window of the next and subsequent pages, as long gas MAIN has been defined for these pages.

The different types of windows are:

MAIN - Main Window

The main window is a continous window which can extend over several pages. If the text in the main window fills up a page, a new page is created.

Only one main window can be defined in the SAPscript whereas up to 100 instances of main window can be created in a page.

VAR - Variable Window

This window can have the variable contents displayed on them. The contents of the window cannot exceed the window size. The content can be formatted for each page.

CONST - Constant Window

The constant window can have a fixed content and is formatted only once.

The contents of variable windows is processed again for each page, on which the window appears. The system outputs only as much text as fits into the window. Text exceeding the window size is truncated; the system does not trigger a page break. Unlike constant windows, the page windows declared as variable windows may have different sizes on different form pages. As far as the processing of the window contents is concerned, the system currently treats constant and variable windows alike. The only difference is that constant windows have the same size throughout the form.

Please check the link for creating SAPSCRIPT programs

http://smoschid.tripod.com/How_to_do_things_in_SAP/How_To_Create_A_SAPSCRIPT_Form/How_to_Create_SAPS...