Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

mpn number in production order

Hi ,

We are having multiple vendors for raw materials and for each vendor we are having different material number for the same raw material (all this raw materials are interchangeable).These different material numbers are created just to identify different vendors from which they are procured. Properties of all these materials are same so whenever we do mrp we want requirements to be generated for all these materials so that purchasing guy can bargain with vendors & decide from whom to procure.

The above is my requirement.

For this we are thinking of using MPN numbers where we will have single internal number and multiple mpn numbers. This exactly satisfies our requirement as far as purchasing part is concerned but mpn numbers are not inventory managed.

What we need is that we should be able to select component in production order based on MPN number and not on sap internal number. I have read about parts interchangeability in sap.

So if we install add on package is my requirement going to be satisfied. Or is there any other way I can map the above scenario in sap.

Your guidance on this will be appreciated.

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question