cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i delete the Previous request and create the new request for loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I use 0FIGL_V40.Cube in my system. These Cube does not contain delta capability.i mean for every time i wil load Full only.

Here my question is the first day load full load,and second day i want to load the data.But can i delete the previous request and load the data with new request.

Please guide me .

Regards,

Srinivasan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I hope the DS itself is not Delta enabled. If so i think you can delete the contents of PSA. This step can be added in the Process chain before actually loading the FULL IP to DS. Then you can include a step to "Delete Entire data from DataTarget" step in the process chain before actually loading the DTP(Can be Delta/FULL. I dont think there is any impact here since both will bring only one request from DS to DataTarget since PSA will have only one request) from DS to Cube.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the process type "Delete Overlapping Requests from InfoCube " for deleting the previous overlapping request once the load to the cube is completed.This will delete the previous days request from the Info cube.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use full loads, and if you are aware of this concept, it would be a great... Using a DSO in b/n the InfoCube esp for FI datasources so that the data can be overwritten on a daily basis & sent to cube wherein the previous request can be deleted, before the new one is being populated via a DTP (which uses a 'delta'). So, a DSO basically serves a staging area for overwritten records, while a cube over the top can serve to capture the daily loads history - (FULL) loads. Reporting can be done on DSO for daily scenarios & drill downs/jumps via RRI can be offered to the cube from RSBBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply.Could you please tell me what DSO is supported for this Data Sourse.I didn't find any specific DSO.

Please guide me. Other wise can i create my own DSO.

Thanks in Advance,

Srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

0FIGL_V40 is a virtual cube and not a standard cube. So the DSO staging is not supported, data is directly pulled in cube.

For more information on virtual cubes please search the forum.

regards,

Arvind.

waqar_ahmed
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You have to delete previous request from infocube manage menu option if you datasource only allow full load. If you are using process chain the you can use Delete overlapping Request process to delete previous full load request.

regards,

ray