cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occuring in Chinese language with the Date format in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Infoview, when i am launching the webi document from a China location(China user) after giving the date as input in the promt window i am facing a Date error "aaaa-n-j h:mm:ss" in Chinese language.

so i think my date format is not in sync with Chinese date format.so if it the case what configuration changes to be done in infoview to resolve such issues?

Note: however this webi docuement is used by multiple users from multiple countries.

So what settings needs to be done in Infoview inorder to mitigate these date format issues. (i.e when opening a webi document in a different country in their local language)

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set the 'Preferred Viewing Localte' for that User to 'Use Browser Locale' and also set the Language as 'Chinese' in your Browser languages?

This option helps when multiple users use the same login credentials but want to see the report with different locale formats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please explain me where i can find this option 'Preferred Viewing Localte' in Infoview screen,

I could see only 'My Interface Locale is..' under 'General' tab in Preferences. i am using BO XI R2 version in my project.

Can i use this ('My Interface Locale is..' option and select the 'Chinese' language to resolve this issue.

Please let me know your suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Can i use this ('My Interface Locale is..' option and select the 'Chinese' language to resolve this issue."

I guess if you do the above it will shoe the report in chineese to every one who opens the report.

U shud set the My interface locale to "Browser Locale" to resolve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have changed the settings as suggested in Preferences in Infoview. and in Internet explorer i have added the 'Chinese' languages to the Languages preference window.but still the issue is repeating.

Is this is a kind of Bug in the BO XI R2 version.

If not is there any alternative or workaround to mitigate this issue.

Help needed.

Thanks & Regards,

Kishore.