Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

no inspection lot created for new inspection type created

Hi all,

We create a new inspection type which is based on a copy-version of an existing inspection type. These inspection type has a inspection type origin of standard SAP 04 (i.e. Goods Receipt from Production).

Question 1 - we bumped into problem when come to testing in which when perform goods receipt, there is no inspection lot created, may I know why?

The following fields of this new inspection type are all checked; those not specified, are not flagged.

1 - Insp with task list (flagged); Automatic Assginment (flagged); Check Chars (flagged); Skip Allow(flagged); Automatic UD(flagged); Serial Number Poss (flagged).

Question 2 - for this kind of inspection type with origin 04, do i need to perform a goods receipt against a production order or purchasing order? How do I perform a GR against a production order?

Hi Tuffy,

Possibly you might not have ticked on preferred inspection type in material master. This could be one of the reasons. Try to do GR after ticking this.

The setting you have mentioned (flagged parameters)are seems to be correct. But lot generation is governed by preferred inspection type.

If you have assigned this newly customized inspection type to lot origin 04, then it would be used against production order and not the purchase order.

There are several ways to carry out GR against production order. It depends on the scenarios which you follow

1. MB31 101 movement

2. You may use backflush so while confirming order through CO11N auto GR is posted

3. In case of repetitive manufacturing scenario generally GR is done by MFBF transaction

Anand Rao

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question