cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding Amount for PF Admin charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone help me in posting of PF Administrative charge ie is rounding the amount from decimal to upper limit or lower limit values for posting to accounts after running the payroll the amount should be rounded off only during posting not at payroll run.

Thanks well in advance.

With Regards

Shaikh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 3 custom wagetypes '9001,9002 and 9003" by copying the /3F7, /3F8 and /3F9.

After the INEPF function in your schema insert a PCR 'ZZZZ" (using PIT function) for transfering the values to the custom wagetypes.

ZZZZ*9001 AMT= /3F7AMT/KGENAUADDWT *

ZZZZ*9002 AMT= /3F8AMT/KGENAUADDWT *

ZZZZ*9003 AMT= /3F9AMT/KGENAUADDWT *

Where constant GENAU is defined in T511K.

Make sure while you define the posting charecteristic the start date need to be given as the effective date. Else there will be impact in posting due to the retroactive accounting.

Regards

Raviiiiiiiii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i also faced same prb and found that we need to make changes PCR which has been copied from INED.

pls. advise how the PCR should be, to get the amount in both RT and PF Form 12A correctly.. If we change the PCR, it is displaying in form12a, but in RT it is getting stored in lakhs.

Can you pls guide me how to correct this.. further we have already used /3f7, /3f8 & /3f9 wage types for posting and posted last month but all the amts get deducted in decimal only and we could not print the FORM12A.

Can i do that without disturbing those configuration. also pls do let me know the impacts on financial postings.

pls advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Alternatively you need to modify PCR INED, and need to create 3 custom wage type that will work like /3F7, /3F8 & /3F9

for example:

/3f7

table iepf

trust id (assign your trust id.)

vargbtstid

amt/10000

addwt custom wge type (that you created agt. /3f8)

amt*10000

addwt /3f8

The same you need to do for /3F8 & /3F9 and do the chage in "define posting characeristics".

Please note, once you have modifed the pcr we have to follow these 3 wage tpes (that you have created) not /3F7, 8 & 9.

You can test in your environment.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a BAdI available in the posting, probably you can use it for this modification. You can find the same in IMG and you need to explore if you can do by it.

Or second method is, do the rounding off in payroll and store in a new wage type. Now post this new wage type. Anyway financial accounting doesn't have any issue with wage type so it will not impact on this anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Thanks for ur help can u please elaborate second option with specific example and steps .Thanks well in advance

With Regards

Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the admin wage type is multiplied by 100000 when it get stored into RT. After INEPF put a PCR to devide it by 100000 and round off teh amount as well. Store the new value into a new customer wage type. Post this wage type instead of the PF Admin technical wage type.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What praveen said is

you need to transfer the amount that hold in the wage type for Admin charges that is created by system ( /wagetype) in to a custom wage type and round it ( you need to write a PCR for this ) and post the new custom wage type

do the same posting configuration for the new wage type as same as that of /wagetype , at the time of posting it will not check whether it is custom made wage type or system generated one ( exclude the system generated wage type from posting)