Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Managment - Adding "look-up" data to the review

Chris_Thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

As part of our Performance Management project we are developing a webdynpro app utilizing the 'Q'ualification catalog for managers to create their own goal catalog. Each goal ('q' object) has two description infotype text description values; Meets and Exceeds expectations.

A feature of the app is to assign the goal to an employee by inserting a Criterion into the review with a Qualification foreign key. The design is working fine except for one thing, we want to display the two text descriptions for exch individual criteron having a qualification. Each of the criteron have two rating columns and a comment column. I've read a bit about value determination badi but I'm not sure how to architect this solution.

suggestions ?

Chris Thomas

Duke University

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

This is an interesting one !.

My first question is why did you create a custom "app" for adding a qualification. There are already a standard free enhancement BADI implementation - ADD_QUALIFICATION (HRHAP00_ENHANCE_FRE2), ADD_REQ_QUALIFICATION (HRHAP00_ENHANCE_FRE4) . I am not sure if you have already evaluation these options. You could have created / configured any number of columns as a reference element of this BADI. So in the runtime, when the qualification "Q object" is added , the columns referenced will be created.

For the above example, if you dig down in the HRHAP_BASIC table, you can see there will be a mapping created between VC and Q object.

Lets discuss this and I find this is interesting. I am willing to help more

Aneez Hameed

Chris_Thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Chris,

>

> This is an interesting one !.

>

> My first question is why did you create a custom "app" for adding a qualification. There are already a standard free enhancement BADI implementation - ADD_QUALIFICATION (HRHAP00_ENHANCE_FRE2), ADD_REQ_QUALIFICATION (HRHAP00_ENHANCE_FRE4) . I am not sure if you have already evaluation these options. You could have created / configured any number of columns as a reference element of this BADI. So in the runtime, when the qualification "Q object" is added , the columns referenced will be created.

>

> For the above example, if you dig down in the HRHAP_BASIC table, you can see there will be a mapping created between VC and Q object.

>

> Lets discuss this and I find this is interesting. I am willing to help more

>

> Aneez Hameed

Hi Aneez, Thanks for your response.

We needed to build an application to help manage the catalog of qualifications (Position - manages - qualification group -> Qualifications) This catalog belongs to the manager's position. The Q's are written into the appraisal document via the add element badi, using the reference element. The Text for each of the qualification objects (Meets Objectives, Exceeds Objectives) is stored in the object description infotype, and we need to have both of these descriptions show up in the body of the performance review.

After posting this question, I implemented two new columns and added to the reference element, Meets and Exceeds. Each new column has a Value Determination badi implemented that goes out and grabs the specific text from the Q object and populates it into the Note field. We feel like this is a suboptimal solution at this point given the lack of formatting in the Note field and the HTML tags present in the text.

I tried to implement a description column but we were still limited to using the Note field to display the text.

Lets continue to converse.. Maybe we'll strike upon a solution.

Chris Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Can it be like below. I am just throwing an idea. Can you create a new quality scale with proficiencies as needed such as meet , exceed etc then in your custom column can you bring the new scale in your value list and value class as a drop down ? Ans in the back ground you have to read the selected values through a Value determination badi .

Try this option , let me know how it goes

Cheers,

Aneez Hameed