cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transporting webservices from dev to qa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I transported our webservices from dev to qa. I generated all of the nodes necessary in SICF in QA and I activated the web services in qa, but all of the web services still have a WSDL with dev address. If I try to create the web service in QA, then it wants a transport.

I'm also having an issue with soamanager. When I put in tcode soamanager , I get the logon on screen dev. I can't seem to get anything to point to QA.

How do I get the webservices(WSDL) generated to have the qa address?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if service /default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/APPL_SOAP_MANAGEMENT is active in SICF of QA.

You can also test this service to get to SOAMANAGER.

Once service is configured using SOAMANAGER then you will get WSDL of services on QA.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will award points. I just have one more question. I've now transported to production and activated the services. Just the definition got activated. There isn't a WSDL at all now. Does the configuration in soamanager need to be completed before the WSDL is activated? Is that what you're saying?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Only the definition is transported & not the config, this is default behaviour. You will need to complete the config again in Prod.

One reason for this is that the Config is client-dependant so SAP can't make the assumption to which client (in Prod) the config should be relevant to while transporting.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (0)