cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use profit center in PO instead of costcenter, I defined a profit center copying from a cost center, but during PO creation system gives a message "Line 00010 is missing purchase requisistion", I'm not sure why its asking for a purchase requisition number, please let me know what I'm missing. I have created the profit center copying from cost center "K" and linked to item category "B".

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st one need to understand===>, the concept behind cost object and uses of cost object like exampleu2026..cost center, project, sales order, order ,net work in purchase order and can be cross checked in t.code: OME9 , where all cost incurred are captured in the respective cost object based on transactions. Why profit center you will create a cost object copying from cost center K?

Cost Center represents individual costs incurred but Profit Center contains information of all costs and revenues which means in then Profit. Profit Center flow from master data (material master, cost center) to the respective transactions.

NOTE:

Profit Centre is department responsible for cost as well as revenue of department .The department is called profit centre like "Autonomous Business Units" in an organization. Cost Centre is that department responsible for cost spending only like production department, maintainace department, logistic department etc.

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check in transaction OMET (Function Authorization for purchase order) , if the purchase requisition is defined as mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope as per SAP standard you can enter only cost center in the Account assignment field in the item details on PO.

PR is mandatory for creation PO check the screen variant for PO under SPRO>Materials Management>Purchasing>Purchase Order>Define Screen Layout at Document Level-->Select ME21N & go to details ( ContrlshftF2) chk Purchase requisition whether mandatory field is tick

The PO document for which it might have mandatory field. Also try creation of PO with other document type.

As you per your input, you have entered Profit center in PO but as per SAP standard you can enter only cost center (KOSTL) while creation of PO & profit center (PRCTR) appears only during GR. Check once again in PO and also check document screen variant.

Rgs