cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility to see the similarity score between two fields? (DataServices)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any utility / command which tells us similarity score between two inputs? I want to see how similar/different two words are in order to adjust my match/no match score in the Match transform in Data Services.

I remember seeing such utility in PostSoft/Firstlogic days if I remember correctly, but can't find anything with DataServices.

DataServices version: 12.2.1.0

Thanks,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

(Sorry for the bump, but just in case the question was lost)

former_member214856
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Sorry you didn't originally get an answer to this question. The answer can be found in our Knowledge Base here:

https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1574074

The Simscore utility is not shipped with Data Services. It is relevant to the legacy Match Consolidate software and is not updated for the newest version of Data Services. The old Simscore utility does, however, make use of a very similar algorithm in it's calculation of match scores, so may be still relevant for testing with Data Services if an old version is available at the customer site.

While not as simple as a utility, you could setup a basic match job in Data Services to output the match score.

Regards,

Brandon Jacobson

Support Engineer

AGS Primary Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brandon.

I tried to look for old utility, but seems we don't have it anymore.

I guess I will take the route you suggested of creating a utility job just to output scores.

Thank you,

Gaurav