Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change pricing date for rebate condition type

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change the pricing date for a rebate condition type (condition class Expense/reimbursement) so that it applies the condition checking the order creation date. This is easy to configure for for example a Discount condition type via the Additional 2 data. For rebate condition types this option isnt there in trx V/06. Is there another way to change how SAP derives the pricing date for rebate condition types?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joris

I have the same requirement. Can u advise how u managed to achieve this in the end?

cheers

Sadiq

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Reading the content of OSS note 420941, I am not sure if it refers to changing the value SAP retrieves for VBRP-FBUDA .

Please confirm ifit is about changing how SAP determines VBRP-FBUDA

Thanks a lot

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the SAP Note 420941, if the source code attached in note is used in user exit MV45AFZZ (with due consideration of SAP Note 170183 - What to consider when applying modifications). Then field VBAP-FBUDA will be proposed from field VBAK-AUDAT.

Regards

JP

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, I think I got it. So you cannot get SAP take another date than the services rendered date to determine if a rebate condition applies or not? Since I would need SAP to take VBAK-AUDAT. Please confirm.

Thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly refer SAP Note Consulting 420941 - Date for determination of rebate conditions for achieving your requirement.

Thanks & Regards

JP

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your quick reply. Issue for me is when rebate is picked up in the pricing procedure of the sales order. In standard SAP the billing date calculated in the sales order is compared with the validity period of the rebate. So even if my order is created within the validity period of the rebate, it will not be picked up in the pricing if the calculated billing date is outside this validity period.

What my client needs is that the rebate is picked up in the pricing procedure based on the order creation date.

The creation and posting of the accrual will be the same in both cases. I think an exit for pricing might do the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joris,

The service rendered date (not the pricing date) of the invoice line item is used to determine the validity of a rebate condition record. The rebate condition types are considered as Expense types because of which teh system defaults to the Service rendered date.

I tested by changing the condition class of a z-condition type to C, most of the fields disappeared from the control date 2 tab including pricing date. Which means that for Expense reimbursement the Service rendered date is defaulted.

More over there is an OSS note 105681 to activate SIS structure S136 instead of default S060, which provides Exclusion indicator (not available for Class C condition types) and few other Additional fields in pricing procedure.

You can refer to OSS note 75778 (Consulting/troubleshooting for rebate processing)

In case of the above OSS notes not usefull you can try the below exits for pricing modifications..

LWVK1001 Extend Communication Structure KOMK for Pricing

LWVK1002 Extend Communication Structure KOMP for Pricing

LWVK1003 Customer-Specific Check of a Pricing Item

Hope this wil be helpfull.

Thanks

Arun

Edited by: arun subramani on May 24, 2011 1:41 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Refer following link for reference:

- [Date of services rendered in Rebate|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1812928|Particularly Response from Balajia]

Thanks & Regards

JP

joris_bayer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks but this is all clear to me. My issue is the fact that SAP checks if a rebate condition should be applied or not in the sales order by looking at the billing date calculated in the sales order (FBUDA). I would like SAP to look at the order creation date instead of the FBUDA date. This can be changed in the config for normal discount condtition types but not for rebate condition types. I wondered if there is a user exit or so to do this for rebate condition types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joris,

As per SAP standard any invoices created from that Rebate validity date are eligible for the rebate and will apply on the invoice itself. And rebates are applied on Invoices. However, if your default rebate validity date is the beginning of the current year, the system will calculate rebates for all invoices in the past, from that date on, even if they did not apply on the invoice.

Just having an assumption that you have created a rebate agreement with validity date 01-May to 30-May, there is an sales orders created on 30-May with billing date in june in this case the Accrual amount will be incorrect on settling the Rebate agreement. I think thats the reason behind using Billing date instead of Sales order creation date. If we change it to use sales order creation date then we might end up with incorrect accruals impacting the business. Correct me if i am wrong.

I could find the below exits related to rebate settlement. Please refer to the documentation of user exits to see if they are applicable for your scenario.

LWBON001 - Subsequent Settlement User Exits

The user exits of this enhancement serve to enhance the cumulative updating process within the subsequent (end-of-period rebate) settlement facility by the addition of characteristics (e.g. material) that are not supported by the "subsequent settlement" functionality in the standard system.

It is essential that you refer to the documentation. Wrong programming is liable to damage the (operative) statistical data in the Logistics Information System (necessitating recompilation).

Meaning of the user exits:

EXIT_SAPLWN08_001, enhance communication structure MCKONA from purchasing documents

EXIT_SAPLWN35_001, enhance communication structure MCKONA from agency processing documents (vendor billing documents, settlement requests)

EXIT_SAPLWN12_001, enhance communication structure MCKONA (income) during updating as part of settlement accounting

Please see the documentation on the individual components.

Note

The user exits belonging to the enhancement LWNBON003 are available for changes to the vendor business volumes and rebate income involved in the settlement accounting process. The present user exits should not be

Function/Program:

EXIT_SAPLWN08_001: Add Data from Purchasing Doc.(Bus. Vol. Data) to Communic. Struct. MCKONA

EXIT_SAPLWN12_001: Add Data to Communication Structure MCKONA (Incomes)

EXIT_SAPLWN35_001: Add Data from Agency Docs (Bus.Vol. Data) to Communic. Structure MCKONA

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joris,

Rebate agreements are like condition records, You define the condition records with rates and scales for which rebates should apply while creating the rebate agreement using VBO1.

You cannot create rebate condition records with the regular pricing transaction VK11 or VK31. (This is due to the condition class of u201CCu201D as indicated in the section above about condition types.)

Any sales happening within the rebate agreement date range will be considered for rebate settlement.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Arun