cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save query view in BEx Portfolio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus.

Quick question hopefully. I am using BEx Web Analyzer. There is an option to save query view in the context menu after the report is run. Please NOTE, I am talking about saving query view not KMBookmark (favorite). I am trying to save query view in a folder contained in BEx Portfolio. However, I do not have any option to save query view in BEx Portfolio or any other place rather than some global placeholder. How can I enable the same options of saving query views like there are when saving bookmarks. For example, when I save kmbookmarks, I can choose between Favorites, BEx Portfolio, or My Portfolio. None of these options are available when saving query views.

Is there a way to do that besides using BEx Broadcaster?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that you can actually publish Query Views to BEx Portfolio by using BEx Broadcaster functionality. When defining a broadcast setting, pick Query View from the list and then choose the link to online data option. This works by publishing a link to your query view in the BEx Portfolio folder that you want.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you open a view in BEx web and then save it as a "Analysis" in BEx Portfolio you will have achieved the end goal. Views are tied to the queries and you always find them with the query. If you are using the BW roles to save queries and the queries have views, then you can get to them when you do New Analysis and switch object type to query view.

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think that this is possible but this link might be a good workaround:

/thread/1292598 [original link is broken]

Best regards,

Michael