cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD access...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario, I have one PI server where port 50000 is referred for SLD in PI dev system and port 51000 is referred for SLD in PI Quality system.

So in SLDAPICUST in both PI DEv and QA system, I can see one entry as follows;

SAP_CONFIG 50000 username (PI DEv)

SAP_CONFIG 51000 username (PI Qaulity)

But when I try test connection, it always fails.. saying 'User credentials are invalid or user is denied access'.. I guess it has to do something with the password that I changed and now not able to reset it and as advised to me in my earlier post, I need to change that service user password everywhere which I have not yet decided to do.

But, when I actually try a scenario where data has to move from ECC to PI , it does go thru.

So first question, is , what is SLDAPICUST transaction meant for ? Even when it fails can the data flow thru ?

Appreciate ur response.

thnks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>what is SLDAPICUST transaction meant for ?

This is used to define SLD access data. The data consists of host, port of SLD as well username and password

Refer this [link |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/0b/8512417301ee6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]for further help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks .what about answer to the question , ' Will the data flow even when I try to test the SLD connectivity in SLDAPICUST ?'

I am asking this bcos in my scenario, both the DEV and QA systems point to same PI server SLD (just at diff ports).

and in DEV, when data from ECC is pushed thru a proxy, it reaches PI..

but in QA when data from ECC is pushed theu proxy, it is not reaching PI.

In both cases, please note the connectivity test fails when tested via SLDAPICUST.

So how come data is reaching PI in case of DEV environment and not in case of QA..

Pl advise.

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLDCUST is only reference for the SLDCHECK transaction. The SLDRFCAPI will connect to SLD and SLDAPICUST information will perform the logon to retrieve data.

Is the scenario exactly the same on both environments? If the whole scenario (from sender to receiver) have the same configuration, please try updating the SLD data (RZ70 transaction) after the objects transport, then remove the SLDAPICUST configuration from both systems. Check if the scenario will execute (if it requires anything from PI, it should fail).

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by lucas..SLDRFCAPI will connect to SLD and SLDAPICUST information will perform the logon to retrieve data.

Check you Integration engine configuration in SXMB_adm and also try triggering data from your ECC from tcode RZ70.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..I very much appreciate your response...But still its an issue...

1. The scenario in both the environment are exactly same and in QA it was working till march and in april a client copy of ECC system was done after which it is not working. So in SXMB_MONI of PI QA system I can see the entries till march.

2. I dont have access to RZ70 !!

3. what is 'SLDRFCAPI' ...I guess its not a transaction but I dont see such a entry in SM59 too..where can i find it ?

4. Should we maintain the SLDAPICUST setting in both ECC and PI environment ?

5. I have created a new service user and set that in PI QA system's SLDAPICUST. Earlier I got the error message while connecting to the SLD saying invalid user credentials which got resolved, but still connection to SLD doesnot work. But now with the new service user details, I get a new error that says 'Exception in SLD client: AbapSLDRequestHandler.ping(): CIM_ERR_FAILED: HTTP response code: 403 Forbidden'.

6. and when I try to do a sldcheck in PI QA, after i login in , I see the following error messages on top;;

You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory. See the SLD Post-Installation Guide for details

SLD not set up. Configure the SLD in Administration first

Is this bcos the new service user I used is to be setup somewhere in the SLD config ?? I am not aware of any of the SLD part, so please provide details..

PS: One thing to note is when i do sldcheck, though connection to SLD fails, i still get a green success message for ' Connection to the XI Profile works correctly'.

pl help..

thnks

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now tho problem for you is when data is triggered from ECC it is not reaching your PI am i right?

if this is the case check the connectivities provided in the link: Link: [proxy connectivity|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3022] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Naveen.