cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Day to Day Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to SAP and forums too. I'm extremely sorry if this is the wrong place to ask my queries.

I'm under going training in BO and would like to know what kind of projects generally handled. I mean as I have little knowledge in BI , In BI there are basically 3 kinds of projects or roles

End to End

Support and Maintenance

Migration or UPgradation projects.

In the same way I would like to know kind of projects in BO and day to day activities of the consultants.

Plz excuse me for my ignorance, I would also like to know if universe is designed based on real tym or dummy and what kind of reports are generated on day to day to basis depending on client or project

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roles vary depending upon which part of the BOBJ product stack you are using.

Basic reporting roles use Webi, Xcelsius and Crystal in varying combinations

Development roles will use CMC, Data Services, Designer and reporting tools in varying combinations

Administrator roles will use CMC, server admins skills, etc. in varying combinations

Those are three examples of roles with the BO world. The size of company you work for may also dictate the scope of your role - in a big organisation, you will more likely have a tighter role - just universe design perhaps, whereas in a smaller organisation you could be doing everything from gathering reporting requirements through to database development, ETL work and DBA tasks!

It's that variety that keeps the job interesting though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a quick reply in simple language... Could also throw some light on kind of reports generates ( I know that depends on project ) say in banking or sales, what kind of reports the client asks for and what is the frquency of request from clients for the reports and what is the TAT for different reports based on their priority...

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each industry is different and indeed some companies within industries are different. A lot of it depends on the culture - some are more data driven, others prefer graphs and will want more detail if they feel it is needed. You will find that no two jobs are the same in that respect. A lot of it depends how confident you are at communicating with end users - if you prefer not to then a more technical route is better in terms of database and etl design together with CMC work.