Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade introscope agent

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have currently below settings. EM is at version 8.2.3.5 and Introscope agents at version 8.1.0.0. Now i want to upgrade the version of the introscope agent via SDM in solution manager. For this do i need to undeploy the previous version first? or whether it will work without undeploying.

And for configuration i think i just need to run the setup for Introscope agent to deploy the new application version in satellite system from SMD. Let me know if i am wrong here.

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

To update the ISAGENT on Solution Manager you can deploy the new version over your actual version using the force deployment method in SDM (Software Deployment Manager).

When you click on the deploy tab in the SDM, click on the + button browse to the ISAGENT SMD SCA file and confirm to add it. Next you have to expand the lower pane (push the arrow button to expand/subtract the pane) and choose "deploy any version".

Don't know if text is exact match but you have to choose the option that will enable you to deploy any version of the SCA file.

When choosing that option the current version is disregarded and the new SCA file is deployed anyway. You can even downgrade a Java component this way. In this case you deploy a newer version of course.

Don't forget to follow the post steps described in the SAP notes / Installation guide (Running upgrade in diagnostics setup for example).

To update individual Introscope Agents of your managed SAP systems you will have to redeploy those through the Introscope Agent setup.

Kind regards

Tom

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom.

If i upgrade only 2 agents to latest version 8.2.3.5 in satellite system via SMD and other agents are in old version 8.1.0.0 then will it effect other agents with old release in solution manager or whether it will effect data collection in Wily Enterprise manager. Consider the below case:

Solution manager Wily Introscope EM version is 8.2.3.5

Solution Manager SDM - deployed IS agent 8.2.3.5

Satellite system AC1 system IS agent is 8.2.3.5

Satellite system AP1 system IS agent is 8.2.3.5

Satellite system DP1 system IS agent is 8.1.0.0

In my opinion i think it wont effect any where. Just want to know your opinion on this please.

Thanks,

Rohan

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan

It shouldn't be a problem.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You should undeploy ISAGENT firstly and then you can implement the latest version. For more information check page 8 of Introscope Version 8 Guide.