cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.2 and NWDS 7.2 don't work on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed both Netweaver 7.2 (no SP) and NWDS 7.2 (SP5) on my Windows 7 laptop, using a MAXDB. I am deploying my application (a ear) from NWDS to Netweaver during my development. The deployment usually only takes 1 or 2 minutes. After working for a week or so, the deployment didn't work any more --- the deployment hung and wouldn't complete. I waited over 30 minutes and it still was not finishing. So I shutdown the Netweaver and NWDS gracefully or ungracefully (with all means possible), and I could not re-start the Netweaver any more. The meaningful log message I could get is:

[May 22, 2011 5:07:22 PM ] Starting to persist instance profile

[May 22, 2011 5:08:51 PM ] Thread [Watchdog for main] initiated a full thread dump on [Sun May 22 17:08:51 EDT 2011] due to: [Watchdog timeout]

[May 22, 2011 5:08:52 PM ] Exception occurred for component [internal/unkown] of type [unkown]

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: No progress was recorded since [ Sun May 22 17:07:22 EDT 2011]. Check the database and file system state. If you are using MAXDB ensure that the log and data volumes are not full

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.timeout(Bootstrap.java:313)

at com.sap.engine.lib.time.Watchdog.run(Watchdog.java:95)

The MAXDB seems to be working fine, and there was no indication of log full. But I still tried to clean-up the MAXDB log using dbmcli, but failed because of security reasons (mostly because the security mode of Windows 7 doesn't work well with Netweaver 7.2 and its MAXDB version I guess).

Then only workaround left for me was to uninstall and restall the Netweaver and its MAXDB. It happened twice in the last 2 weeks. It's a long process and I don't want to do it every week.

Does anybody experienced the same issue? How did you solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Bing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you resolve this problem? i have the same problem after an upgrade from sps03 to sp05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it hasn't been resolved yet. I stopped to develop on my laptop ever since.

However I was thinking we might have a solution for this. Everytime it happened when it took long time to deployment and I couldn't get out of the deployment state. We figured out a way to stop the deployment, please see another thread I have created:

I was thinking it might help once the deployment getting into a state of which the deployment cannot be completed. I haven't been able to verify it though.

Please let me know if this works for you.