cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on EOIO queue administration in Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on XI 3.0 SP 13 and I have a question on EOIO queue administration on the Adapter Engine - done using RWB

Its known that in EOIO QOS, if a single message in a queue errors out - the other ones behind it go to a "holding" status - requiring adminstrator action on the erroneous message.( retry or cancel )

After I locate the first erroneous message ( status : System error ) in a particular queue that is blocking the whole queueand & cancel it , I am expecting the next message that is in "holding" status to be picked up and processed automatically. However, I see that this is not happening - i.e I have to manually select all the remaining messages in the "holding" status and resend them. Is this the expected behaviour of the AF processing "holding" status messages .

Are we missing any parameters to be set on the Adapter Engine ?? Any patches - I checked marketplace , saw some notes on EOIO - but none with this definition or scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone answer me a very simple straightforward question " How do I Cancel/Delete messages with Holding status?" . As we know Cancel does not work. There must be a way to get rid of these messages in "Holding" status. It would be very helpful for me - because I am not interested in reprocessing these messages - which will be duplicates and cause havoc to the system.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The queue should start automatically when the message with error is canceled. My tests were only with three messages, but it worked in SP16.

Does this behavior occur with all adapters, or do you work with any special?

As a workaround, you could mark all messages and send them at once, not start the messages individually.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

I think that is the expected behaviour. If the queue has an error, the queue no longer assumes that all the subsequent messages should be processesed in FIFO order. It gives an option to manually retain or remove the subsequent messages, because the failed message may have an impact on this decision.

I do not think there is an option to always process all subsequent messages after a failure.

Thanks,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

I guess - we should be asked to pick up the next message that is in "holding" status after the cancelled message - and rerun it - if that goes through ok, the remaining messages below that in the "holding" status should automatically be picked up for processing.

We cannot be expected to pick up each message in "holding" status after the cancelled message - manually and resend it - there could be 1000's of message in "holding" status after an erroneous message that has been cancelled....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the error is due to system problem and not data issue there are standard program available to resend message.

Please go through this blog for the same:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards

Vijaya