cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Billing with Sales Order open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

This is a unique requirement from our client which needs tobe fulfilled !!

We have PS - SD integration to be done. Now we are treating Sales Order as Cost Object and hence we are settling the cost of WBS to the Sales Order. This is done bcoz the client do not want revenue postings against the Project. Now the issue is they also want only ONE SALES ORDER against multiple projects and WBS. They will settled/invoice the same Sales Order (as its Order based billing) but they want to keep this Sales Order as open. Is this possible ?? They dont want to close the Sales Order as they want to add cost to the same order for over a period of 6/8 months. BUt they will be invoicing the cost every month. Since this is a service material, we are in fix. Can anyone suggest any solution to this ? One thing I could think was of Service Delivery. I can delivered and then create invoices against this delivery.

please suggest.

rgd..

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

You can link all the projects for which the cost has to be accounted in one sales order and put it under one master project. Then raise sales order only for master project.

You have to introduce another sales document 'debit memo request' between sales order and delivery to cater the demands every month.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest here to opt for a contract instead of sales order. with ref to this contract, you can create as many sales /release orders as u want. Give required validity to the contract.

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this can be done. This is pretty much standard SAP. You can keep SO open and keep on procuring materials for the project and periodically process DP91 (debit memo request).

Regards,

Shantanu