cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP and STOs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we create STOs to replenish our North American warehouse (time zone EST) with parts. The parts ship from our Taiwan location (time zone UTC+8).

Our system time is also set to EST.

We now have the situation that whenever an STO get's created by the north American replenishment expert in his afternoon (e.g. 3 pm), we are not able to create the delivery to ship out of Taiwan until our systems time reached midnight and the date flips to the next day.

I'm listing the time zones here as I expect those to be the reason for the behavior.

But can someone please help explaining this behavior to me or help me analyzing it? Is there any way we can influence that.

Thanks a lot,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok now, I hope I can give all the detials needed.

The STO was created at 1pm (EDT), with a delivery date of the same day (05/24).

The APO ATP screen called from the ECC PO creation, showed the following:

Requested date - Time: 05/24-12:00

MA date - Time: 05/24 - 12:00

In APO (RRP3) this order showe up in the supplying plant with the following date:

05/14 - 12:00

I think this is because we have a 10 day lead time in the transportation lane between the two plants.

So far so good, but I still was not able to to create the delivery until past midnight system time.

Our APO settings are the following:

1 bucket per day and the confirmation logig is set to "conservative".

Hope this information helps,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus

In the STO, what is the Material Availability Date and Time in ECC for the committed schedule line (not the requested schedule line) after the order is saved ?

I dont have an exact answer for you, but here are some pointers -

Do you have the same time zone setting (transaction STZAC) between SCM and ECC systems ?

Try using reports TZCUSTDISP and TZCUSTHELP and validate (for each application server in ECC and SCM) that time definitions are consistent. Refer OSS Note 481835 for details on analyzing time zone settings. Use report TZONECHECK to Check Time Zone Data for Consistency.

When you transfer stock transport orders to the target system, the target system reschedules them. This can lead to inconsistencies in the dates/times for stock transport orders in the source system and target system. You can suppress rescheduling of Stock Transport Orders using transaction CIFPUCUST02 in ECC and /SAPAPO/CIFPUCUST02 in APO. OSS Note 1287148 describes configuration/ master data related to timezones necessary for these settings to work.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

no, scheduling is not active for STOs.

The strange thing is, when I create the STO during my time zone (e.g. 2PM CET) it works fine, and I can immediately create a delivery against the STO (manually with VL10B).

I'm having a co-worker in the US testing the same thing during his afternoon. I also asked him to make screenshots of the ATP check, especially the dates and times for the schedule lines.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have that.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus

Have you activated scheduling for the STO document type/ plant ? In the STO, what is the Date and Time for the committed schedule line after the order is saved. What is the process used to create the delivery - manual or through the delivery due list ?

Rishi Menon