Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPF-parallel run of schedule submission,substeps filterring

former_member578910
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on quite complex BPF design for the client.

The main requirement is to create one main step for data submission with about 40 substeps (40 different input schedules). These schedules are then distributed to various groups of users (about 80 users, each of them is in charge of only 1 or 2 schedules).

All these schedules needs to be completed in one major step, there are virtually no dependancies between them.

The requirement from client side is to filter between the schedules in order to show only the relevant schedules to the end users.

Please is there a possibility to :

- pass a parametr to the Action in Substep (e.g. action Interface for Excel, Open Schedule, File parameter ) ?

- is there a possibility how to run process steps without the sequence check. E.G. create 20 steps that will all start and run on the same time and does not require the completion of previous steps ?

I have already tried solving this with a number of sequential steps - but the requirement is to run more steps in paralel, with no starting condition. Only current solution I can think of is creating a set of simple Excel based menus and enclosing them as actions in the substep, but it still is uncomfortable for the end user.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Vladislav u0160tefaňá

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to run them simultaneously or without any sequence, then the only possible way is to have them as sub-steps. The sub-steps can be executed in any sequence, you want.

Another thing is that you cannot pass any additional parameter to any steps . sub-steps.

Hope this helps.