Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Userexit to override the Z partner function which is non editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am searching for the user exit which helps me in overridng the partner function sent from an IDoc which creates the Sales Order.

In this scenario, I am not able change the partner function as the partner function is not editable and while I go through BDC this gets error giving input field is not valid as it is non editable.

I tried deleting the customer partner function from XVBPA structure and perform but then also the error appears as the partner function will be available in partner tab when I see through BDC in debugging.

Kindly suggest me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Vineeth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the field is not open for input, it's because the partner function has specifically been configured as 'not changeable' in VOPAN for the partner procedure assigned to your doc type. Ask your SD config counterpart why that is and whether or not the setting can be changed for your process.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are doing this by BDC... try BAPI. Before that, make sure that the fields are editable or not locked as non modifiable in the USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in include mv45afzz.

Where are you trying to delete the partner function? I mean which user exit ? Is this header level or item level. Also talk to your SD functional about the settings in Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am basically creating Sales order using Idoc. As the customer has already associated with one partner function say ZX of partner XXXX which I found in KNVP table . If I want to override the partner function ZX with new partner YYYY for that I am not able to do that.

As the BDC gives me error saying not an input field.As this non editable

So i am trying to find if there is any way to delete the partner function from that and provide with new partner function with new partner .So i tried with deleting XVBPA structure but then also it is appearing with same error as the changes in XVBPA is not reflecting

This I am doing for Header.

0 Kudos

Well, if it is same partner function why would you need to delete and add again? You can update the partner number dynamically when you create the sales order itself.

Check out 'userexit_move_field_to_vbak' in include 'MV45AFZZ'.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the field is not open for input, it's because the partner function has specifically been configured as 'not changeable' in VOPAN for the partner procedure assigned to your doc type. Ask your SD config counterpart why that is and whether or not the setting can be changed for your process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot use the Userexit_field_modification as the partner subscreen comes in SAPVL09C. Hence the field modification will not work.

We have some business restriction towards making the partner function editable. That is why we do not want to do setting for that.

Kindly let me know any other approach is there to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

VIneeth

0 Kudos

Check out 'userexit_move_field_to_vbak' in include 'MV45AFZZ'. Change the partner number instead of deleting and adding it in the internal table.

Put a break point in every user exit mentioned here and try. If this is not you are looking for, please post again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs,

I got the user exit which can control the Partner function even if it non editable and can be overridden.

I made use of user exit EXIT_SAPLV09A_004 for my changes.

Regards,

Vineeth