cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency between .NET structure and BI attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to process a dimension an error message is showed with the Assertion clausule (in ABAP server). I've checked the attributes screen on the ABAP Server and I've found an inconsistency between the client side and the ABAP server structure.

There's a dump message at the ST22 about Duplicate properties and this dump occurs when I try to process the dimension at the client-side.

So, I've checked at the client side, and there's a duplicated field on the dimension's property screen. It happened after I created a property and syncronized the versions between the client and server SP's.

How can I check the dimension structure at the client side ? I've checked at the server side (BI) and it's correct.

Can I do a manual procedure to correct this at the client side ?

Thx.

Amjr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaury,

Could you please explain a little bit better your problem???, if you want to delete a property from the client side, the only thing thatt you have to do is go to the dimension library at the administration client, and select the dimension you want to modify, after select the option that says mantain dimension properties, choose the dimension that you want delete and delete the description and process.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

That's the point. I can't modify and process the dimension at the client side using the usual way, because when I try to process it a message with ABAP dump is showed. So, I tried to check the ST22 transaction to see what kind of dump was generated and I noticed that it was regarding to a duplicate property in the dimension structure. But the strange fact was that in ABAP server, transaction RSA1, the properties is correct but at the client side, the properties list for dimension shows the duplicated field and the system doesn't allow me modify it, because the dump is generated.

So, I guess there's some issue at the .NET side, at some point where the dimension's structure is stored. Probably if I can modify manually this structure and syncronize them with the version stored at the ABAP server, I can solve this problem.

Thank's

amjr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaury,

now I understand your problem.. hmmm could you please write the exact message that the property manager shows you, and also the one that the st22 shows you, because it looks like a circular reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following the messages:

At client side: "As exception occurred that was not caught".

And at ST22:

The exception 'CX_SY_STRUCT_COMP_NAME' was raised, but it was not caught

anywhere along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program

'CL_ABAP_STRUCTDESCR===========CP' has to be

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_STRUCT_COMP_NAME', was not

caught in

procedure "IF_UJA_DIM_DATA~CREATE_DATA_REF" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated

by a RAISING clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

Multiple Specification of the Name 'SIGLA' as a Component Name (Component 11)

The ABAP code for at ST22 was:

endif.

insert comp-name into table nametab.

if sy-subrc = 4.

• duplicate name

raise exception type CX_SY_STRUCT_COMP_NAME <<<< At this point the dump was generated

exporting textid = CX_SY_STRUCT_COMP_NAME=>duplicate_name

component_name = comp-name

component_number = comp_no.

endif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only for add information, even if I try to delete the multiple properties at client side the error is still generated. So, I can't do any kind of changes in the dimension by the client side.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it happens to with all the dimensions or only with that specific dimension?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only with one specific dimension. I've wondered about to delete this one and recreate it, but there're a lot of dependencies with applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only with one specific dimension. I've wondered about to delete this one and recreate it, but there're a lot of dependencies with applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following,

regenerate the error and go to the application server Root:/BPC/LOGGING open the last file and go to the end of that file and post the last registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm gonna translate, because it's a portuguese version:

15:11:19:834#-3:00#Error#AdminMainService##EPM-BPC-NW##6640ab2f-9dc3-4ae5-be82-3205306639f7###ModifyDimension#FTIAPD01
bpc_sysadmin########Plain##There was an dump in the ABAP instance#

Ps.: This is the same message that is showed at the screen, on BPC client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guillermo,

Due the inconsistency between the both sides (client and server) I guess it's better to create a new dimension and load the data to the new one.

I've found the issue inside the ABAP server, debugging the class CL_UJA_DIM, method GET_DETAILS. Inspite of the correct struture of the webfolders files, the method is returning the incorrect struture. Well, I don't know if could happen other issues due this differences, so I guess the better solution is to create another dim.

Thanks for the attention.

Cheers.

Amjr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaury,

if you can do that, will be much easier and it will save you a lot of troubles, it was a shame that i couldn't help at the end :S

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found another interesting thing about this subject. BPC has duplicated the property at the ABAP server !

There's a table called uja_dim_attr that stores all the attributes for a dimension, and there's an ABAP class called CL_UJA_ATTR_DAO that manage all the process regarding attributes.

I guess that there're some method that could be invoked to fix this...especially the CL_UJA_ATTR_DAO->DELETE to delete the duplicated properties.

Thanks again...and forget the shame...it's an unsual issue and this is a bug !

Amjr