cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dirty flag in standard FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I notice that I can change the text of some field in PPM then click Close (without hitting <ENTER>).

I get the data changed dialog box.

How does the dirty flag get set without an event triggering to set it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

if you have a look at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/45/b76f4169e25858e10000000a1550b0/content.htm you can see, that there are 3 work-protect modes:

· NONE

This value means that the work protect mode is not used by the Web Dynpro application. If you navigate to another application in the portal, unsaved data is lost, even if you set the dirty flag.

· APPLICATION_ONLY

This value means that the Web Dynpro application itself decides if there is still unsaved data u2013 that is, whether the application is dirty. This is why the u201Cdirtyu201D status is only monitored by the server. With this value you cannot ensure that data that has not yet been transferred to the server will not be lost.

· BOTH

This value means the client also checks the u201Cdirtyu201D status. This ensures that no user input that has not yet been transferred to the server will be lost. This is done by setting the dirty status of the application in SAP Enterprise Portal as soon as the user has entered data.

FPM is using the BOTH mode, which results in behaviour you observed.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click close would trigger server round trip is it not ? Framework knows that the context attribute is changed and this can trigger dirty flag.