Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP002 Remove Backlog with "maintaining gaps"

former_member209252
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are using Heuristic SAP002 "Remove Backlog" on the detailed scheduling planning board on a resource.

The problem is that if there is a Gap between operations (lets say between the 2nd and the 3rd) and the Gap is there for a reason. When doing SAP002, the backlog is removed, but also the Gaps between the operations. Is there any sulotion for this?

Thanks for your answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arieh,

Are you running SAP002 for resources of all operation or only for resource of first operation?

Are there any maximum or minimum intervals maintained between activities of two operations.?

There is gap between 2nd and 3rd operation because of valid reason is it because of capacity reason? Or what else is that valid reason.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member209252
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SAP002 by selecting the resource, so it runs on all operations (different prod.orders) that are scheduled on that resource.

There are no maximum or minimum intervals maintained between activities of two operations. The gap is there for a reason, for example production planning wants to finish a prod.order and the next prod.order will start only tommorow, or they do planning for the future but for some period there are no orders yet (MTO)

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding what you need is

suppose operation1, operation2 and operation 3 is scheduled in the past(backlog) there is gap of two hours between operation 2 and 3 when they are scheduled in past. Now post running remove backlog heuristic you want system to schedule these orders from current date and also maintain gap of two hours between operation 2 and 3.

Correct me if i have understood it wrong.

If requirement is as above it is not possible with logic with which SAP002 works. It just deallocates orders in pat sorts it with start date and time and then goes on scheduling with current date and insert operation strategy one after another. Two maintain that gap you need to have some custom logic which defines start date of operation considering this gap.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member209252
Participant
0 Kudos

Santosh Hi

Thank you for your answer. This is excatly how you described the issue. We will try to find a work around or to maybe include a custom Logic as you advised.

Thank you

I have a nother issue please:

If our plant works 7 days a week for a few months and 5 days for a few month during a year. Also, there are shifts involved.

How do you recomend to set it up?

This is what we set up:

1.We created a planning calendar with "no gaps" for 7 days a week (Mon-Sun) each day starts at 07:00 (start of 1st shift)

2. Created Shifts : 3 for Sun-Wed, and 2 for Thu-Sat.

3. Created **** seq. for some reason day number 1 came out to be Fri, Even if in the planning calendar the 1 day is Mon when looking at the capacity profile.

4. Created a cap. variant and assign to the resource.

If the plant come to the period, in which working 5 days a week, should we only change the facroty calendar at the resource?

How do I show the **** in the DS planning board? why we can not see in the board that the day stat at 07:00?

Thanks and Regards

If we look at the live.C time stram the start time of every day is 04:00. not 07:00 as we wanted? in reason why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ariel.

In past we tried out this heuristic. But the result was wrong for us. Because the heuristic ran only for resources.

In our case. We use a SAP001 Heuristic . But We use in strategy profile with negative offset(One Week in our case).

Maybe can help you.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If these periods of 5 day working and 7 day working are planned in advance then you can define interval based capacity where you can define from X to Y date its -5day working and Y to Z its 7day.

Regarding displaying of DS board shiftwise I thing it is possible click on diagram part and rightclick you can change to daily , hourly weekly not very sure about shift but I think it should poosible. Rightnow I donot have system access to check

Regards,

Santosh

former_member209252
Participant
0 Kudos

Mr. Santosh,

Thank you for your replay.

In the main manue of DS planning board when calling it in the PPT, you can under View-->periods there is an option to choose shifts, but nothing happens. In the DS planing board there is no way to choose shift. Very strange!

Thank you