cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic value delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I need to write a procedure which will do thw following job.

Ex: I have 2 chars. If I change the value of char1, I want the procedure to clear the value of char2.

Actually what I want to do isI have created a variant table and dependency net. Char1 is key, and char2 is the dependent char. In the first trial if I change the char1 it filters the values of char2. When I select a value for char2 and then chande the value of char1 I want the system to refresh the values of char2.

Edited by: ahmet hasan on May 23, 2011 4:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to limit values to be selected in CHAR2 depending on what user selects for CHAR1, you have to put PRECONDITION for each value of CHAR2 with code like CHAR1 = 'X' OR CHAR1 = 'Y'

So you'll have e.g.

CHAR1

- X

- Y

- Z

CHAR2

Now if you want values 1 and 2 available for selection in CHAR2 if X or Y is selected for CHAR1 you have to create two pre-conditions:

First for CHAR2, value 1, code: CHAR1 IN ('X', ' Y')

Second for CHAR2, value 2: CHAR1 IN ('X', ' Y')

Similarly you can extend your conditions further

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I reset a value. What is the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ahmet,

Sorry i m not able to exactly understand your request.

Can you please elobrate a little bit.

Do u mean that if u set Chat X - Value A then you want to have Char Y - Empty?

Regards,

Kris.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmet,

If the value has an author as User (means value is set by user) than you reset the value by a procedure or any sort object dependency. But If the value is set by a procedure or has an author as default , the value can be changed. In your case I assume after defining values for char2, by variant table you set a value manually ? If so the it is not possible to reset the value.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Amber

SAP Global Support