Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO - Billing Plan - Billing Block - problem in removing it

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A billing plan is copied into the sales order from a wbs in project.

whenever we try to bill the billing plan item we remove the billing block from it and system copied that item in the invoice. But somehow the system is not changing the sales order i.e. whenever we remove the billing block manually. i.e. if we remove the billing block from billing plan item, then save the Sales order and then again we come to billing plan tab in (item details of sales order in change mode), that remove which we have just removed still appears there.

Any idea why this hapening, It was working perfect some time back.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Usually the milestones in the network has to be confirmed for removing the billing block. If you navigate to the milestones in your network and double click on it, you could see the actual date. Set it and save the network.

It will remove the sales order billing block.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

thread closed and no solution found.

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for your response, but I have already checked any kind of blocks. So these aint working.

This is a weird behaviour and it seems that I have to OSS this problem.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

Before going for OSS, its better you get the debugging help of your ABAPer and find which condition sets the billing block again .

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your Sale order-item level billing block

Regards

G.J.Raju

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If WBS, check the status of WBS. It should be in release Status.

If milestones are there in WBS. Check the dates.

Similarly, Billing date for billing plan in sales order.

Thanks & Re grads

JP

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All, thanks for your response, but it does not help.

there are some other observations which i would like to share with you.

If billing block is removed manually from a specific billing plan item and then creating a billing document directly from sales order (*without closing and saving it at this time), the system will created billing document (invoice) for the selected item from billing plan.

However, for the same scenario, if i remove the billing block from billing plan, then save the sales order and then after saving the sales order if i try to create an invoice for the selected item, it does not allow me to create an invoice.

it seems that at the point of saving the sales order the system rewrites the billing blocks in billing plan.

hope my point is clear

Note: No kind of enhancement or exit or any kind of abap is used with sales order.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it header billing plan, then check in Sales Order at Header level whether field Billing Block has been assigned some reason. If so then, please remove the same and retry process. Similarly for Item level under Billing Document TAB.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

Try to remove the billing block from the header level and check.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your ABAPer whether any program is written in Save exit to allocate Billing block.

Or check is there any requirement to release teh billing block by using workflow only.

Regards,

Krishna.