Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining F1 help in English and French

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a request for all users to have the SRM in English.

But in France, we would like to have the context menu in French.

With above requirement, I have following questions: -

1. Can this online help overwrite standard one if standard one exists? If yes, how?

2. Can we maintain translations and propose choice of language if the user is connected in EN or will we have to maintain the u201CEnglishu201D text both in English and French?

3. What is the procedure to maintain this Context help? Creation in dev system and then transport?

4. Can we highlight somehow the fact that for a specific field we have a context help?

Please help,

Amey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to provide F1 help in both EN and FR while users are logged on in EN, then this is a customer specific requirement.

SAP standard would be that English speaking users logon with EN (and getting F1 help in EN only - without a choice to select an alternative language) and French speaking users logon with FR (getting both F1 help and standard menus in FR).

Of course you can extend the SAP standard help by additional texts, but this is somehow treated like a modification and you need to save this during upgrades or applying support packages ...

Hence I would recommend to use the standard and let French speaking users logon in French.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

4 REPLIES 4

krishnendu_laha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The documentation after pressing F1 is refered from the data element documentation.

If there is any logic written to override the documentation in Process On Help request - screen event, then it overrides the standard.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thanks Krishnendu, that was very helpful!

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to provide F1 help in both EN and FR while users are logged on in EN, then this is a customer specific requirement.

SAP standard would be that English speaking users logon with EN (and getting F1 help in EN only - without a choice to select an alternative language) and French speaking users logon with FR (getting both F1 help and standard menus in FR).

Of course you can extend the SAP standard help by additional texts, but this is somehow treated like a modification and you need to save this during upgrades or applying support packages ...

Hence I would recommend to use the standard and let French speaking users logon in French.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

0 Kudos

Thank you Nils!