Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user status problem

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to restrict changes to the maintenance order after release by using user status. For this I have created one profile with two status, CHNG(Change allowed) and NOCH(change not allowed).

CHNG is my initial status & once status NOCH is set, system will not allow any changes to the order.

I have selected object type as Maintenance order and did following setting in each status

For CHNG : Business transaction : Change (selected radio button : Allowed)

For NOCH : Business transaction : Change (selected radio button : Forbidden)

I have assigned this profile to the maintenance order types in configuration.

My problem is, even after setting status NOCH system is allowing me to do changes in the order.

Am I doing any mistake in creating user profile ?? Please help.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Paul told, This can be possible by some development only using mentioned User Exit.

IWO10009 PM Order: Customer Check for 'Save' Event

Based on Business transaction, you can control the User Status change. Thats what we can do by double clicking the User status.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks guys for your quick reply.

If this is the case, with user exit can I do the check on system status and restrict changes to the order if it is released ? or I can check user status only ?

I dont know much about development. Please elaborate how can I achieve this.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your ABAPers. Just give them the User exit & the requirements.

User status will be used in case of system statuses dont satisfy your requirement or apart from system statuses, if you want to capture additional statuses.

As Release is coming under system status itself, no need to go for user status. Just by checking system status, you can achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

HiteshMistry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thanks for your help.

Hitesh

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will not work - it is not possible to prevent order 'change' through this user status setting. If this was possible then it would never be possible to make any postings or other changes to the order, not even change the user status again.

You can prevent some functions through user status. If you need more control then possibly implement exit IWO10009 and prevent save (depending on user status value).

-Paul