cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Budgeting workbench, is it possible to restrict dropdown values of the field Process, in the header data? If yes, then how do I do it?

We are on ECC 6.0 EhP 4 with EA-PS 60405.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Nate.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nate,

Since you don't like the idea of the consistency check (which is much more flexible than authorizations) you can check if one of the authorization objects for FMBB suits your requirement.

To check authorizations available for FMBB use transaction SU53, SU56, SU01 and SU24.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,assign only certain processes to budget type

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can assign budget type to the processes, right? not the other way around. And I am assuming this is where you are directing me to IMG ->PSM ->BCS ->Budgeting -> Basic settings ->Definition of budget data ->Budget types ->Assign Budget types to processes (Mass Maint)

Anyways, I did that and it dont seem to work.

thanks,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's assignment of budget type to process, i.e. based on the process you restrict budget types. But your question is actually whether you can restrict the process values, is it right? Based on what info do you want to restrict it?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Yes, I want to restrict the process values. We do not use any other processes except ENTR, RETN and SUPL. Hence the requirement of hiding and/or removing the other process values from the dropdown list.

Thanks,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid it's not possible in standard. What you can do is to create a consistency check (Define Check Libraries for Budget Entry Documents), blocking any document which is created with a process apart from the ones which you want to use.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not want to put any validation (consistency check) on the values that the users input in that field. We just thought that by limiting the drop down values itself, it would be convenient for the users to select either of the 3, without them having to weed through a bunch of it.

Thanks for your input though, Eli, much appreciated.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not aware about the business process at your client's site, but normally budget is entered by few users (or even one user if the entity is small). So, I don't think it would pose a problem to select the right process. Also, normally budget update is not daily routine and therefore cannot see a problem there either. That's why, I assume, SAP didn't foresee any standard solution for restriction of the processes. I don't think that it could be controlled by authorization object as well.

Regards,

Eli