Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in RFC Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a RFC-File Schenario.

I had done all the configuration. I am triggering the RFC thru a ABAP Report. The first time i ran the report i could see the message generated in XI(SXI_MONITOR).

But in the payload i can see nothing. Do i need to do add any parameters in INtegration Engine Configuration so enable message logging.

When i try to see the message through Message Monitoring in Browser..it says <b>"Content of message deleted to save memory"</b>,

Moreover in message monitoring(J2EE stack)as in when i see through browser theres one message with the status

<b>To Be Delivered</b>.

So when i again run the abap report to send data. I cannot see any message in SXI_MONITOR.

Like we have in BPM the tcode SWWL, Is there in transaction code for RFC which will rescue us from the same.

Cheers,

Sumit

Message Edited ...Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the file adapter does not support sync messages, you should call the RFC in background task (TRFC).

Don't forgt the commit work in your abap code.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my report i have written commit work in the end.

i would try to call the RFC in background task and see.

Any idea how to log the payload content so that i can see it in XI(SXI_MONITOR)?

Sumit

Message was edited by: Sumit Khetawat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

<i>When i try to see the message through Message Monitoring in Browser..it says "Content of message deleted to save memory"</i>

This is actually a functionality implemented in XI for synchronous messages to prevent them being cached and accumulating in memory.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

Thanks but is there any option so that i can enable like logging.

For synchronous messages if we add the parameter LOGGING_SYNC the messages are logged.

Like the same way can we do for RFC calls ?

Cheers,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

There is no configuration setting to turn it off..

Regards,

Abhy