cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy custom adapter PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We developed a custom adapter for PI 7.1.

Now we need to deploy it in a PI system that cannot be connected to a NW Developer Studio. Is there another way to do this deploy?

In PI 7.0 we use to deploy through the Visual Administrator. Since VA is not available in PI 7.1, which tool should we use?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing some searches about JSPM.

Looks like I'll have to create a SDA file. Is it possible to do that inside Developer Studio?

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm not aware of anyway to create an SDA in NWDS but refer to this OSS Note: 1223957

I used the executable and guide in this note to generate the sda file. In their example they refer to it as an EAR but I just renamed it to an SDA file and our BASIS guys uploaded it using JSPM.

Regards,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You first create the EAR file as per document below (which also has many other information about custom module creation)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b39e65-981e-2b10-1c9c-fc3f8e674...

Then convert it to SDA as per following link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20a221c6-3943-2e10-5198-dada408de...

And finally you can deploy using JSPM. Since 7.1 versions don't have SDM, you need to convert the EAR files into SDA in order to be able to deploy it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lucas,

We are not developing a custom module. We are developing a custom adapter and there is no EAR project so far.

Is it necessary to create an EAR project?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Is it necessary to create an EAR project?

How do you create project file now? Create your devleopment as EAR project in Netweaver developer studio and convert in to SDA file. Then deploy it using JSPM. Follow links provided in the previous replies for further help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Even though the information was for module (sorry for that), it is suitable for adapter development where it mentions to create the EAR project and later convert it.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no nwcetool file in my DS installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The lookup problem was solved by renaming the adapter project to exactly the same module name.

Now I need to convert the exported EAR into a SDA. I fou this doc about the conversion:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20a221c6-3943-2e10-5198-dada408de5ac

But I can not find the specified "nwcetool.bat".

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to enter "nwcetool.bat" under command prompt(after changing the directory)...

chk the folder where u have installed ur NWDS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an EAR project and associated it with the adapter project. I ran this project on the server and sent a message to the scenario. This message was not processed sucessfully due to an error looking for adapter module.

Do you know how to change the module name inside the EAR project? I belive there is something not configurated inside the EAR project, but I can't find what.

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at this thread, hope this helps to you.

[Deploy_Custom_Adapter_Module|;

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh_1113 on May 23, 2011 7:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos