cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China project data migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on data migration activities for my client who is in China, they have given me some of the description in u201CChineseu201D language when I convert in to the note pad system is converting those Chinees description in to some symbols. Even we tried to upload by logging in u201CZHu201D language in SAP system but we are facing the same issue.

Could anyone please put some light on this.

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

please describe in more detail how (what format / what code page) you receive the Chinese data ...

In addition, if you open a specific file with notepad, you can select the encoding of the file (different flavours of Unicode + ANSI).

Did you try to change this one ? Opening by double click in Windows might give unexpected results, as you can see in SAP note 1150217.

Last but not least, your font used in notepad might not support Chinese. Please use an alternative font.

For uploading to an ABAP system, you need to know the encoding of the file. The recommendation is to keep it in Unicode.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I used to get details in .Xls format from Chinese users, which I try to convert in to notepad, the data in Chinese language I can see in .xls, but when I convert into notepad format it is not recognizing, even we tried to save notepad with Unicode, but still we have same issue.

I think, I need to have Chinese font in system to support or read Chinese details.

Could anyone let me know any other alternatives?

Regards

Babu

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you use the option Unicode text (*.txt) when downloading the data from Excel ?

In that case, the txt file should be stored in UTF-8 format.

What Windows version do you use ?

In case of XP, you might try as described in the following link:

[East asian language support|http://newton.uor.edu/Departments%26Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/asianlanguageinstallation_XP.html]

Best regards,

Nils