cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtime planning for the workcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

one finished product as per routing (10 operations) will be finished in 3 days ,working in only one shift (8hrs) as per shift sequence.

Practically he is giving overtime of 8 hrs and manufacturing the product in 2 days.

Overtime will be decided on daily basis as per requirement.

How to in corporate this in Planning and schedulling.

Regards,

srihari.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I explained to client as given my Mr. Mangalraj. change the workcenter capacities as per intervals.

still we are checking for any easy option.

Regards,

srihari.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does creating dummy work centres as mentioned by me above solve the purpose?

Regards,

Chetan.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

Assuming the normal shift timings is from 08:00:00 to 16:00:00:00 without any breaks that's defined in the capacity header,now

when is there is overtimings,then click on shifts and intervals and here in the top menu->extras>insert interval mention some

date range say from 25.05.2011 to 28.05.2011 define the start and end timings say for example 08:00:00 to 23:00:00 and save

the data and check the scheduling results so that the order's(production dates) falls within the dates defined in the work center.

Check and revert

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj

I understand what u have mentioned.

so everytime we have to change the workcenter means very cumbersome as there are 100 workcenters.

Is there any other way to change in Production order.

As our client is doing capacity Planning and scheduling as per production order in CRTD stage

if materials, capacities are available only he is releasing the order.

Regards,

srihari.M

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

In my understanding I dont think there is some other option to address this issue.

And "yes" we have to manually change this everytime for the individual work centers.

Check and revert

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Rite now i can think of an alternative to Mangalraj's solution of changing the work centre manually everytime. It goes this way..

1. U can create a dummy work centre corresponding to every work centre. (For example: "D-drill" corresponding to "Drill". ).

2. Define the capacities and working times of these dummy work centres as per your over time requirement.

3.Using these dummy work centres, create new routings exactly as the original ones- only difference being workcentres replaced by dummy ones).------These routings would represent the time taken for completion of activity if worked over time.

4. Assign these routings to the production orders whenever there is a requirement to give overtime.

5. This way, you can at least avoid doing manual changes to work centre every time, and instead do the consolidated changes in the production order via routing as mentioned above.

It seems a bit different, but just tried something out of the box.

Please revert back if it works.

Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls reply if it works.

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

change the stanadard available capacity in Workcenter :

Operating time should be set as 12 Hr instead of 8 Hr.

Operation can be complete in 2 days with available hr = 24 Hrs ( 12 X 2 )

Originally it take 3 days without overtime Hr = 24 Hrs ( 8 X 3 )

I think it will resolve your issue.

Regards

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the client is giving overtime everytime he has to change the workcenter.

The client wants to plan overtime from SAP depend on labour capacity planning as well as depend upon the sales urgency.

Practically in every industry this will happen.

Regards,

srihari.M

Edited by: Srihari.M on May 24, 2011 8:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can estimate how frequently the overtime is likely to be given. Then in the work-center, capacities tab, header, increase the "Capacity Utilization" by that overtime percentage. i.e. if overtime is likely for about 10 days in a month, and current capacity-unitlization is say 90%, then change it to say 120%.