cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException happened in ChangeProductionServiceInterface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

I call the ChangeProductionServiceInterface.changeProduction() in an customized web service . recently the changeProduction() method throws NullPointerException as following.

===============================

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.keySet() of an object loaded from local variable 'props'

at com.sap.me.globalization.GlobalizationServiceProvider.retrieveUserContext(GlobalizationServiceProvider.java:29)

at com.visiprise.globalization.impl.DefaultGlobalizationServiceProvider.getUserService(DefaultGlobalizationServiceProvider.java:264)

at com.visiprise.globalization.GlobalizationService.getUserService(GlobalizationService.java:141)

at com.sap.me.production.ChangeProductionSOBean.validateItem(ChangeProductionSOBean.java:1411)

at com.sap.me.production.ChangeProductionSOBean.validateChangeProduction(ChangeProductionSOBean.java:119)

===============================

it sames that [GlobalizationService.getUserService("com.sap.me.globalization.LocaleSpecificTextResourcesGlobalizationService") ] throws that Exception.

how can I resolve the prolem.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In general, it looks like a bug in the ME code and I recommend that you submit a ticket (please attach this response to the ticket if you submit).

As far as workaround for now: this defect shows up when trace mode is set to DEBUGGING (me trace level is setup with ME admin page). Try elevating the mode to something less verbose .

If you need a workaround to make it work even with the DEBUG mode enabled, I can give you a couple of approaches but those will require a code change on your side.

Thanks,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

in last month, the web service function can be used without problem. recently, this problem happened.

is there any setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On the surface it looks like it was there for a long time.

Could it be that someone has just enabled the DEBUGGING mode in the manufacturing admin page for ME?

Thanks,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I restart the NW, that is OK.

error did not happened.

thanks all.

Answers (0)