cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No error message returned when mandatory field check is implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view method to check for the mandatory fields. I have marked the UI fields as required.

I am using FPM GAF and the above method does not return error message if the mandatory fields are not filled. Any idea as why this happens? The same method worked for me if I dont use FPM.

Thanks,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reena,

the way it should work is as follows: By calling cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view there will be error messages attached to the context attributes bound to the mandatory input fields, if they are still invisible. This error message will be outputted at the end of the roundtrip unless this context attribute was changed programatically in the meantime. In that case the system assumes that the issue has been solved by the application code and removes the error message. Therefore you should check if there is any write access to your context during the roundtrip.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there is no write access to the context attributes. I doubt the error message are not returned as we are using FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not sure if there are any FPM variant for this class. In FPM i would have expected to do this kind of check in one of the the process_event,flush,dobeforeevent methods. You also need to use FPM message manager to report message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to pass the reference of the view in that method. How can I do that in process_event method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to pass the reference of the view in that method. How can I do that in process_event method?

You have to be more specific and to the point. Which method are you referring to.

Almost all the FPM interface methods provide you the table of interface views, you can get the current interfaceview but using read table with index 1.