Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Variable as Designed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts!

I'm facing some confusing problem atm:

I have a variable type user exit and I_STEP = 1 logic (logic before variable screen). I have a query with this varibale in filter. When I execute the query for the first time I get my default value from exit logic. But each time when I refresh my query I'm getting the same issue as described here: . The screen shows only user defined value, not the default one.

There is a SAP-note (1064273) about this problem, moreover there is an option in BEx query definition to solve this iisue (Variable as Designed) as for SP16+. But it doesn't work! I'm choosing "Variable as Designed" option in my characteristic properties in the query, but I_STEP = 1 logic isn't working during refresh.

Is this a bug and I should create a client ticket or am I doing anything wrong? Please advice on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366279
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

As mentioned in SAP-note (1064273), this only works for the variables in the "default values" area (the so-called soft filter).

It doesn't work if the variable is defined in the "characteristics restriction" or in local filter (the so-called hard filter).

I guess your variable is used as hard filter so the customer exit cannot be called again when opening workbook.

The technical reason for this behavior is that, when it is hard filter, by the definition of hard filter it is not possible to overwrite the old filter value (with which the workbook was saved) and assign new filter value to it.

Regards,

Patricia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BUMP!

Any advise?

Best Regards,

Dmitry