Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

US employee getting error in ESS when accessing 'view my benefits'

Hello All,

We are facing a problem with Benefits on ESS. An employee was divorced so he removed his spouse from benefits coverage. Infotype 21, subtype 1 (spouse) record was delimited as of 4/30/2011 and infotype 21, subtype 10 (ex spouse) was created effective 5/1/2011. New infotype 167 records were created effective 5/1/2011 and the spouse was not covered.

Now the employee is getting an error when trying to access the 'view my benefits' app. The first line indicates a problem determining the infotype 21, subtype 1. If I extended the infotype 21, subtype 1 record to the end of time (instead of being delimited), it resolved the error. However, we don't want that record to be valid to the end of time because then the system allows the 'spouse' to be convered by the employee's insurance even though they are divorced.

Further, this issue is being faced only for this employee. I have checked all the settings and have found nothing different.

The Error on the portal is as:

"A critical error has occured. Processing of the service has been terminated. Unsaved data has been lost.

Please contact your system administrator.

Details cannot be determined for related person 1/ "

Please help.

Edited by: Amitesh Asthana on May 23, 2011 4:47 PM

this occurs due to incorrect settings, for example on this line you can check

in table 167 and 21 using Se16 their data for the emplloyee

In infotype 167, for spouse, the sequence number is stored as space. ie DID01) represents the sequence no.

In infotype 0021, for spouse, the sequence number is stored as 01.

During the enrollment the spouse sequence number was space and later

somebody might have changed it to 01 in infotype 21. I think because of

this, we see a difference in sequence number. Since sequence number was

different the error message was raised

> HRBEN0001 transaction and debugged the function module

HR_BEN_GET_OFFER. I have not changed any data using this transaction.

>SE11 transaction to see entries of table PA0167 and PA0021.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question