cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EREC- Fetching password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

By manual entry method when i try to register a candidate, on saving, the user gets created. Uer Id would be the Alias (in my case the email id) and the passwrd would be generated by the system automatically.

Is there any way in which i can identify this password, so that it can be called in a smartform and send across to canddidate.

Regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

A password is generated using the 'RSEC_GENERATE_PASSWORD' function module. During the registration of a candidate, this function module is called directly by means of methods from the 'CL_HRRCF_CANDIDATE_REGISTER' ABAP class.

For more information you can look for the note 884307.

Best Regards,

Deepak...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

the answer to your question is simply NO. It is not possible to retrieve a pasword which has been set to a user otherwise the system ould be completely insecure.

But how to handle this?

In e-recruiting we have two different cases. There are applications in which the user is choosing its password (candidate registration w/o application, unregistered application whith EhP 5). In these cases you simply cannot send the password information to the candidate.

In all other cases in which the system defines the first password on creation (manual data entry, unregistered application up to EhP 4). Here the correspondence itself generates and sets the password which is communicated to the candidate. When you manually enter an application you usually include the password in the acknowledgment of receipt letter. Here you have to generate the password for example in the form initialization and set it to the user. As you stored the password in a local field you can put it into the correspondence. You can find an example of this in SAP example smartform HRRCF_CS_IT_EXA_NEW_PASSWORD. Here you also see how to prevent that the password is changed on correspondence display.

Kind Regards

Roman

PS: Another hint. The SAP example generates a horrible 40 character password. Instead of function module SUSR_GENERATE_PASSWORD you should use RSEC_GENERATE_PASSWORD and supply parameters which generate a secure but still reasonable password.

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

The best is to add activity 0142 (new password).

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Deepak, but this function module is generating the password and storing it in crypted format. Hence i cannot access the password using this function module.

@Nicole: 1010 acknowledge candidate is assigned to form HRRCF_CS_IT_EXA_CONF_REGISTER. When ever a candidate register's in the system (register's himself/herself using "HRRCF_CAND_REG" OR Registered manually using "HRRCF_APP_E_EXT" ) this mail is sent to him/her as an acknowledgement. But i couldn't find the password assigned to the user id created. When ever manual entry is done, user id is created, but nobody knows what the password is. How can i fetch the password in such a case.

I am aware of the workflow that would send the password if it is generated using the forgot password functionality. But how can i find out what the initial password was (specially in tha case where in application is entered manually, wherein there is no option to specify the desired password)

Regards,

Kishore

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

You just have to adopt the standard worklflow to create here (also as the registration workflow) the 'acknowledge candidate' letter activity. In that case the user/password is sent directly to the candidate in case you manually created it.

Regards

Nicole