cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Inbox - Forward documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're executing CATS WorkFlow and everything works ok. This WF sends a message to the user Inbox when the manager rejects the Time Sheet.

We need to forward all therejected messages to the user external email, and this must be done for all the CATS users.

Then... SO16 > Mail sy. grp > and here I click over "Send to home addresses of users". Here I understand that all the documents that will arrive to the SAP user Inbox will be forwarded to the user communication mail (SU01 > Address > E-Mail), right?

If it works fine, I need another thing... I need that just the CATS users have this functionality working; I mean, I need to forward only the CATS messages. Is it possible? Maybe some kind of filter by user in SCOT?

Thx!

Miguel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achive this by going to sap inbox "SBWP" -> Settings -> office Settings -> Automatic forwarding tab create a new entry for that user. You have to do this for all the users for whom you require the forward the mail. So better you write a program which does it for you. Regarding filtering only the CATS Mail to go to users i am not sure because this auto forwarding will forward all the mails.

Regards,

Devananda A J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devananda,

It will be around 2000-3000 users... so I should need to create a very long file with user-email data, and then upload it to the system... I hope to find another better solution

Thx!

Miguel Angel.

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want to forward them when you can directly send the mail notifications from workflow to the external mail ID?

Is there any specific reason?

You can select the mail ID from PA0105 table and in your workflow to task binding in send mail step, pass value 'U' to TYPEID.

This should do the job.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Really, CATS application doesn't execute a full WorkFlow, only a standard task... so I can't add any "send mail" task.

Thx!

Miguel Angel.

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a enhancement spot in the below function module and write the logic to send mail using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 at the beginning of the FM.

*CATS_SAVE_CATSDB *

I have done this and working absolutely fine for me.

Check the entries in Table parameters I_CATSDBCOMM of this FM.

Check if time entries for any record is '40' and if true send a rejection notification.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

GREAT Raj!!!! It works perfectly!!!

Thanks so much!!!

Miguel Angel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simple way is modify the CATS workflow and add the send mail step to send the mails to the user's external mail.

Otherwise try to make use of the BADI 'WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER'.

This BADI is releated to SAP business workplace and try to restrict the mails based on the Task ID.

But I am not sure. It may work.

Thanks,

Viji.