cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality info records: how to handle same supplier with different sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I have material which comes from same supplier but different sourcings: as in I have one vendor supplying it but it can come from different sites; as some sites might be approved and others not, how can I differentiate that?

thanks

Alisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have either different Vendor codes or different supplier then only you can differentiate with QInfo record or dynamic modification criteria.

Otherwise its not possible

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alisa,

As Sujit has suggested maintain different vendor code for each site of the vendor to meet your requirement . Else, it cannot be done within the limits of standard SAP functionalities but some bespoke development can be done to implement the scenario with same vendor code (require to be analysed in detail to capture the site name within some text or free field, user exit etc.)

I hope the information helps

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

having a different vendor code is not the problem: the problem is that the quality info record checks who de vendor is and the PO is based on a certain vendor while the supplier, known only at a late stage, might be different and i must be able to make it appear somewhere so that the quality info record checks it

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use the MPN profile functionality that is a standard part of SAP.

In Config under the purchasing define the MPN profile. There are several options you can turn on/off including info records.

You assign the MPN profile to your material. It now is considered by SAP to be an internal material number.

You then create a HERS material type for each separate manufacturer material number you have. You only need the purchasing view for these materials. You can also create purchasing text views, classification and some others if you wish.

In the SAP approved vendors list (AVL), you then assign each manufacturer vendor(s) with the HERS material created.

You create a Q-info record for each manufacturer/HERS material combination.

Now, when you specify the internal material number in a PO, the system will tell you to order the MPN material. When you do the drop down for the material now, it will show you the approved manufacturers allowed in the AVL for the ordering plant.

When the 01 inspection lot is created you will have a vendor number as well as a manufacturer's number in the inspection lot. The DMR can be done by the manufacturer or the vendor depending on how you set up the inspection plan. Q-info record will be used accordingly.

Take a look at it and research it. It's not hard to set up.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello FireFighter

this topic is quite interesting: never saw it and i am testing it quite a lot.

I still have some trouble figuring out the block mechanism:

I created HERS material per vendor.

I entered ALV per material and manufacturer

I created vendor masters for the manufacturers and plants with account type MNFR and set them into the vendor master of the main vendor with partner function MN

I created Quality IR per manuf/HERS/plant

when i proceed to create the purchase order, the result I want is to enter the main vendor, have the partners appear and, in case the MN partner is a blocked vendor, to get an error message.

Instead the PO lets the blocked MN partner thru without problems.....what am i missing? thanks

Alisa

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need the partner functions at all for the block..

The block should come from the qualiy info records. In configuration, in the MPN profile set up, you should have clicked on the "QM Processing for MPN".

By doing so this requires a Q-info record for each Manufacturer/manufacturer part number.

I have not tried blocking a partner across the board since in our industry we don't usually block a manufacturer since in qualification each manufacturer has to be qualified part by part. I.e. we can't just approve a manufacturer. If the manufacturer had a major issue we can use the mass maintainence transaction for Q-info records, (QI06) to block all the info records for a given manufacturer in one fairly easy transaction.

I don't think the SAP MPN standard design gives a hoot about manufacturing partners. It gets it's link in the PO to the manufacturer from the MPN material number you select during purchasing. This is then stored at the item level in the PO.

I don't think you can have more then one MI partner in the PO so you can't really use that becasue what if you ordered two materials from the same vendor on one PO and each material had a different manufacturer? You can only have on MI partner. With SAP's design, the manufacturer is linked on the item level in the item table.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

the check i need to perform is to the level of plant: meaning, i have a vendor, a manufacturer and manufacturer plants.

The block, might happen on the level of plants; according to SAP help, in the Aproved Manufacturer Plant list I can specify from which Plant I can procure material, from which Manufacturer plant, if it is blocked and why.

I need some prerequisite settings in the creation of master records but apparently it is feasable.

I tested it but it is not very clear to me at which point the block is going to happen.

Any ideas? else I will repost the question starting from here....

thasnks for your great input anyway

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By maintaining the MPN source list record you should be able to block the manufacturer at that level as well as the Q-info record.

In your MPN profile configuration did you click on the setting "AMPL Mangement" ?

This is required to invoke the check against the AVL table you are maintaining.

For your manufacturers, you should have a separate manufacture number for each manufacturer location. So lets say you have vendor VWR. Manufacturer part XYZ. You then have two manufacturers that can provided XYZ and one of them has two manufacturing plants. You would have three manufacturer numbers, and hence three records in the AVL table. If you hae mutliple plants in your company, you would have 3 records for each receiving plant. So if you have 4 plants, you should have a total of 12 (4 x 3) records in your AVL table. Any of which can be blocked in the AVL table. You can also use the date ranges in the table and the record will become invalid at the end of the date range thus indicating requalification is required.

If you decide to actively use the date ranges to indicate requalification or audits, be prepared to provide a custom report for this bacsed on the AMPL table along with some other vendor/manufacuter info they'll want to see.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

that would work if I had all the precise info at the time of PO creation.

Instead, when creating my PO, I know who the vendor is but not always the manufacturer and almost never the actual supplier/supplying plant....which means I need to be able to create the PO adding this information later and expecting the system to block unwanted suppliers/plants.....how can I accomplish that without partners? Quality info records requires my entering the supplying plant as vendor in the PO, isn't it?

but my vendor is more often than not different than my supplier....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm. Not sure what to tell you. SAP designed the process with the idea that vendors and manufacturers are approved in advance and that when ordering you specify the manufacturer and that is then printed on the PO. I think the only way to handle what you want to would be to turn off the AMPL in the configuration of the control key. Then maybe when you do a GR you would have to first find a way to update the PO at the item level with the actual manufacturer. The might have to be all custom. I'm not sure what you can update in the PO after release and before receipt. It may be difficult to update manufacturer info after PO release. If you can do that, you can then use a user exit at GR on the MIGO to check the AMPL table and block the receipt if the AMPL entry is missing, outdated or blocked.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was planning to use the partner for that: enter the vendor but insert the actual supplier as a partner....the problem so far is that in this way, the system does not block the supplier if it is a blocked one....