cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Bank Challan update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am a fresher in SAP and your help would be highly appreciated.

The issue is regarding the bank challan update. My client has paid TDS through an intercompany bank account and while bank challan update the intercompany bank is not accepted. To elaborate further with an example : For Company Code OPQR ,they have paid TDS through bank account 11010415 & house bank 60001 which pertains to company code WXYZ. Now when they are updating the bank challan for company code OPQR the same house bank is not getting accepted and the error says:

House Bank 60001 dosent exist for OPQR company code.

Message No 8I713

I have checked and found out that the particular housebank has not been created for company code OPQR. But am not sure whether the creation of this particualr housebank for the particular company code is the actual way to resolve this error or may be some other concepts are involved.

Would be great if you can pls guide.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Rgds

DB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

if they paid the remittance with the differenct House bank, so at the time of updating the bank challan your house bank should be same which you pick at the time of remittance , but in your case client dont want to create the new House bank, then their is one work around , at the time of bank challan update use the bank key of the OPQR Company but before doing that change the BRS code of the OPQR bank key because Brs code update through house bank only if you have implemeted the updated notes for Brs code.

i dont think system will stop for doing this, check this in testing first

Thanks

Amit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All. I will try your options given and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Awaiting reply. Pls guide.

rgds

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debjani,

Sorry by late. I thought my imputs wasn't helpful.

I suggest you create same bank for required company code. Copy all entries in t-code FBZP from original home bank and define also: OBBA, OBBB, OBBD, OB47 and OT55.

About Business Place, it is an organizational unit below company code level that is primarily used for reporting taxes on sales/purchases.

In some countries, the business place is also used to assign official document numbers to outgoing documents. In Brazil we assign it in invoices to be able change some company code data in DME generation during F110.

Read more here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/36/41913ab525fb23e10000000a114084/content.htm

Let me know if it clarifies

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i have got your point. Now for configuring the same house bank for company code OPQR we need to have the details of the bank and also the bank G/L account would be different in this case unlike Co Code WXYZ. But I checked with the client , they arent keen to open the same house bank for co code OPQR. They have used a current account of OPQR Co Code for creating the challan remmittance and while bank upodate (J1INBANK) they are inputing the bank key pertaining to WXYZ.

Pls let me know what i should suggest to them currently. Also would be great if you can pls help me undetsand the concept of business place and how it works w.r.t interchanging bank information.

Is there a concept of paying and sending company code involved here???

Rgds

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debjani,

You can't use a Home Bank with different companies. you should definitely create a new house Bank with the same data as before.

If you use different companies as branch offices, you have the option to use different business places. So you can exchange Bank information between different organizations.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for your reply.

can you pls elaborate the solution little more....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for your reply.

can you pls elaborate the solution little more....

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debjani,

1 - Home Bank is in Company Code level. You must create exclusive bank to have incominng and outgoings payments. You can't share among company codes.

2 - if you intend to modify data of the branch for incomeing and outgoing payments use different business place.

I hope it's clear.

Regards