cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To provide an ABAP WebService without asking for login credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a FM and a corresponding ABAP Web service. I configured this web service with no authentication configuration .I have also configured the logon part in SICF Tcode in SAP with a correct user.

The web service works fine in the web service navigator but when i try to open the URL for the wsdl file for the binding find in SOAMANAGER it always open a logon pop up and i don't want it.

The main purpose is to allow the consumer to acces the URL wihtout asking for the login credentials.

Can anyone provide me with an appropriate solution.

Thankyou.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There're different URLs, one for the WSDL, one for the service itself.

I guess you only need to provide the service without asking for logon, right?

I set up the correct user/password in SICF and no logon is required.

Is that possible that by some chance you configure the user/psw in SICF in the wrong node?

such as you may configure the user in the WSDL node other than the service node.

Regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

I have configured the logon data correctly in the SICF,inspite of that the issue is not yet resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Anuja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuja,

The main purpose is to allow the consumer to acces the URL wihtout asking for the login credentials.

Can anyone provide me with an appropriate solution.

Have you tried testing this webservice using a tool like SoapUI or other SOAP test tools. You should find that the consumer call (without login credentials) to the service endpoint should work fine (i.e. without a login prompt).

It seems like when you try to access the WSDL (with/without binding) then you will always get a login prompt. This has been discussed before here but I can't remember exactly why one can't disable the login prompt when accessing the WSDL. The thing is, the consumer should only need to access this WSDL during design. There's nothing stopping 'you' from saving this WSDL as a file (once) & providing that file to consumer to use for their development purposes.

After design, the consumer won't need to access the WSDL (unless something changes)...

Best Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

I tested this web service using the SOAP UI tool,there it is working fine without the login credentials.

But still my query is not yet resolved,i need to know do we need to make any settings to disable the authentication so that it doesnt prompt for a logon popup to the consumer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuja,

When the consumer calls the service during runtime (during testing or in a live environment) they won't be prompted for login credentials. The login pop-up only appears when launching the URL for the WSDL from SOAMANAGER.

Essentially, the behaviour you experience when testing using SoapUI is the the behaviour your consumer should experience. If your concern is:

You want to forward the WSDL URL (with binding) to the consumer for use during their development phase and it's going to prompt them for login details, why not open the WSDL yourself in your browser & save that WSDL as a file? The consumer can then use that WSDL (as a file) for their purposes.

Best Regards, Trevor

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on May 23, 2011 2:57 PM